5.0 out of 5 stars Just try it...
What a great introduction to macrobiotics. Got started straight away and fel better for it. The information is inspiring and when I read through I got to the point where it would be difficult to eat anything else. I lost weight, feel fitter and calmer emotionally. Just joined Simon's yahoo discussion group as well.

If you are interested in healthy eating and...
Published on 11 Jun 2007 by Anita O'Day

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I would have liked
Published on 9 Oct 2011 by DaniL

5.0 out of 5 stars Just try it..., 11 Jun 2007
This review is from: Modern Day Macrobiotics: Transform Your Diet and Feed Your Mind Body and Spirit (Paperback)

If you are interested in healthy eating and improving health I would definately recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I would have liked, 9 Oct 2011
I am a beginner to Microbiotics and was interested in finding out more. This book certainly gave me a good back ground history on the principles but when it came putting into practise it left me a little lost. I spent a fortune at the health shop stocking my cupboards full of the new ingredients it suggested, but the recipies I made were just bland and dull....and on further inspection I found that the book really lacked in recipies.....if you want to know more about microbiotics than this book is good, but if you want a way of introducing the recipies and food into your life I don't think this is the right book. I want a book that will be an easy introduction of tasty and nutritional microbiotic dishes...this was just too boring and bland. Not for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Similar to the Boy George Macro book., 13 Aug 2008
This is a great book but if you already own the (excellent)Boy George macrobiotic book beware because both books share the same recipes and in some cases pictures too. I think that Simon Brown's partner co-wrote the Boy George book with him and they both run a health food store in West London. This one has more info about the nutritional qualities of macro foods and is worth buying for that alone, however you don't need to own both books.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS!!!!, 20 Oct 2008
D. S. Leslie "Debra Leslie" (London) - See all my reviews
I had considered for some time following a macrobiotic diet, I bought this book after reading other very very good reveiews, I can say I have definitely made the right decision buying this book, it is beautifully illustrated, easy to understand for a beginner and has recipies which I look forward to trying, the book also had loads of advice about different types of vegetables etc and what the health benefits are.
I have always eaten healthily but now I feel armed to improve on the foundation that I had alredy implemented in my diet.

Debra LeslieModern Day Macrobiotics: Transform Your Diet and Feed Your Mind Body and Spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars modern day macrobiotics, 8 Mar 2006
My girlfriend recommended this book and although I was sceptical at first it is packed with facts and I now know a lot more about food. As a result I eat a lot more living whole foods, my diet is better balanced in terms of acid and alkaline, potassium rich and lower in GI. I tried the ten day eating plan and felt better than I can remember. The book is easy to use and the food not as hard to prepare as I imagined - just needs more planning ahead. I like the flexible, open minded approach. The idea of food having energy is really interesting. Now I know what Madonna is on!

3.0 out of 5 stars A guide more than a recipe book, 18 July 2011
Although all the info looks good, this is definitely more of a guide to macrobiotics than a recipe book. Out of 160 pages, only pp 122-156 are actually recipes with about 4 recipes per double page spread. These do look good, but personally I like more pictures in my recipe book - there's only about 1 picture per four recipes. Not what I was personally looking for, but this is - of course - just my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book of real pleasure, 27 Mar 2006
What a superb book, so creative and colourful, you cannot fail to enjoy cooking and creating a more healthy life. It clearly explains the benefits of a positive and healthy lifestyle, and it is achievable, unlikely the normal fad diet books. Recommended for all who want to live life to the full.

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive guide to conscious eating in the modern world, 24 April 2006
Ilanit Tof (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
When my friend told me how great your book was I couldn't wait to get it. But when it arrived today I was bowled over by how great it is. And that is before I have even read it thoroughly!
It is visually stunning. So beautifually presented, clear, direct, uncompromosing yet friendly, inviting, thorough and user friendly.

I have already recoemmended it to a friend in the UK starting macrobiotics who has ordered it and I look forward to recommending it widely. When will it be available in Australia?

Thanks for writing such a great and inspiring and comprehensive book - it means I don't have to now - LOL!

Anyway, congratulations on such great work. It is just what macrobiotics needs."

And now having delved into the contents I am even more excited about it. The recipes and presentation of them is great, the modern nutrition and oriental traditions are thoughtfully and thoroughly explained. It is uncompromising on healing principles yet approachable and relevant to modern life.

As a long time macrobiotic explorer I found it refreshing and re-inspiring yet I would feel completely comfortable recommending it to someone just beginning their exploration of food energetics, cooking and conscious eating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners, 28 Jan 2010
Nicola J. Donaldson (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
Very good choice for those, like me, who had no idea of what 'macrobiotics' is. The author is not too pushy, suggesting that the diet can be adopted for one day a week or one week in a month.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb guide, especially for beginners, 23 Jan 2014
I'm returning to a modified form of macrobiotics after many years, and have kept this book on hand for guests. So impressed are they that I've ordered a copy for a friend, and another copy for a relative via Amazon.com . @Standard' nutritional content as well as 'energetic' explanations made this book a winner for all of us.

Modern Day Macrobiotics: Transform Your Diet and Feed Your Mind Body and Spirit