5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, inspirational book with real insights
There is a review here which criticises this book for not teaching the nuts and bolts of photography. Fair enough, it does assume a basic understanding of f-stops, but I expect that's why it's got the word 'Expert' in the title. I found it really helped me think before I press the shutter and now I spend a lot less time in Photoshop.
Published on 1 Nov 2006 by Juniperific

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic things, nothing special
This book is useful if you are a real beginner without no idea about portrait photograph.
Some useful suggestion, some idea to start, a situation slideshow, nothing more, nothing less.
Published on 28 Jan 2011 by Mario

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, inspirational book with real insights, 1 Nov 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic things, nothing special, 28 Jan 2011
This review is from: Photographing People: The Definitive Guide for Serious Digital Photographers (Digital Photography Expert) (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful Book, 30 Jun 2005
I wanted a book that would advise me technically on how to take good landscape and nature pictures.
Alas, this book isn't it. Instead the entire book is dedicated at how to compose a picture and little else. It is also interspersed with quotes from a number of of people, none of which I felt had any great relevance to the actual subject matter of the book.
A lot of the pictures weren't that great, in my opinion, and the reproduction quality wasn't good. There was no technical data whatsoever, such as type of lens,aperture etc. which would have given the book at least some point.
This book says it is for serious digital photographers. No. This is for the complete beginner who has no idea about photography. A complete waste of money.
It got one star because I had to give it.
The entire book seemed like the author was just wallowing for the fun of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present :), 15 April 2010
I recently bought this item as a present for my dad and he likes the book and thinks it quite good :)