5.0 out of 5 stars Fun in the sun. Not.
The Last Resort (great title) is an amazing collection of photographs.

Apart from being visually stunning, they provide a fascinating window on a very specific time and place - New Brighton, a working class seaside resort in northern England in the mid 80s - not so very far away but a different world from the budget airline, foreign holiday generation of today...
Published on 9 Sep 2010 by Garth Algar

3.0 out of 5 stars Improves with age
When this first came out it seemed to me to be just another edition of Martin's documentary style of photography that I found slightly crude, perhaps cheap, and certainly bilious in its colours. I'll state upfront that I disliked Martin Parr's images from the word go when I first saw one of his first exhibitions, well before he became famous.

Perhaps it is the...
Published on 13 Feb 2012 by Digital-Finger

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Last Resort (Hardcover)
Having seen the book in Chatsworth House and not been able to afford the signed book
or an unsigned book. My photography student daughter called with an ahhhh as Parr is her favourite photographer.

I sourced this copy . Brand new for a fraction of many other prices on the net and shops and that included delivery to my daughter who is over the moon.

Even more over the moon that she soon has an audience with her favourite Photographer ` PARR ` who no doubt will
be signing it for her. I have seen this item and it is really great. Super seller and super good value book.

The Last Resort
The Last Resort by Martin Parr (Hardcover - 5 Nov 2009)