5.0 out of 5 stars Spicy stuff, 23 Aug 2008
K. Johnston (Hove, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pepper (Hardcover)
I took a bit of a chance on this one. It was among my Recommendations, and not a title I'd have normally picked up on (or a peck of, either), but perusal in a live bookshop convinced me to buy it. And I have not regretted it. The book is packed full of pepper facts, and a feast of recipes, some of which are surprising, others happily familiar. It is also beautifully produced, which may figure less for some, but is always a winner in my, er, book.

4.0 out of 5 stars worth reading it, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Pepper (Hardcover)
for those that love pepper it is a worthwhile addition to their library. the writer seems to have researched the subject
in depth.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is more than black and white pepper, 15 Nov 2012
This review is from: Pepper (Hardcover)
I can highly recommend this book. The book is really an eye-opener. Apart from giving the histories of the various types of peppers it also contains pepper blends/uses and quite a number of recipes. Some of the peppers are not to be found in the usual grocers' or supermarkets; but have look in the groceries section of amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 21 Jan 2011
This review is from: Pepper (Hardcover)
I had this book in my wishing list for 3 years and as no one bought it so I did.

I have always be interested in peppers and I use it every day and do my own mix. I have got 10 different sort of peppers but in the book there are plenty more though there will be difficult to find.

The book is divided in several parts, history of pepper, pepper trade, pepper family, uses (culinary, medicinal...), tasting notes and recipes (salads, soups, fish, meat, pasta and rice, vegetables, cakes and biscuits, spice blends, seasoning and sauces).

A great book for pepper's lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Sep 2014
Mrs. P. Parr (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pepper (Hardcover)
Amazing what you can do with pepper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pepper, Christine McFadden, 29 Feb 2008
Amy Claridge (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pepper (Hardcover)
I met this author on the set of Market Kitchen, listened to her being interviewed about the research for the book, and the many numerous pepper varieties out there and then was lucky enough to speak with her and look at the book. I just had to order it. For me, this book is as much about education and reference as it is about the recipes.

Pepper
Pepper by Christine McFadden (Hardcover - 23 May 2012)