I bought this to use with my son along with the 1st Baby Signs book. There are a few new ones in the meal time book, but most of them are in the 1st signs book. Not worth buying both.
Published on 27 Dec 2008 by H. Mears

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better..
I was a little disappointed with this book as I would have liked to see the signs for more types of fruit and also vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and parsnip. Instead there are signs for biscuits, ice cream and cake which I'm sure my son will discover on his own without any encouragement!
Published 10 months ago by Troll

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but quite a few duplications if you buy the Baby signs book too., 27 Dec 2008
H. Mears "Lapid" (Midlands) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars American signs!, 5 Dec 2007
J. Grice (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About) (Board book)
I brought this to go with my first signs which is in BSL. I had decided to stick to british signing as I felt it would make more sense in the long run and was disappointed to find it says quite clearly on the back that they are american signs. Otherwise a nice Big board book and fine for peole just using signs with babys for a short time pre language development and not doing any classes based in BSL.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About), 4 Jan 2010
This review is from: Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About) (Board book)
A baby can start communicating from about 9 months old with signing and avoid unnecessary frustration. This book and the others in the series are exactly what I was looking for and helps the parents and me, a new grandma, to learn how to communicate by British signing easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to follow book, 19 Feb 2011
This review is from: Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About) (Board book)
We have about 4 or 5 of Anthony Lewis' baby sign books and I refer to them all. This one has all the most important signs connected with food and eating and like the others contains clear but fun colourful pictures to accompany the words.
The only word I couldn't find in this one is croisant. My two year old is a slow learner and he has only started to sign in the last few months, but he loves to sign biscuit and drink and MORE! And we have great fun showing daddy all the signs we know.
I expect I will reffer to all the sign books for at least another year, maybe even longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About) (Board book)
This is as helpful and fun to do with our son, who is learning to talk and sign together, as the other books in the same series

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About) (Board book)
Great book! My son has low muscle tone which effects his speech and these books have been a godsend. He doesn't get frustrated as he can communicate his thoughts and feelings

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About) (Board book)
lovely little book, bought for my granddaughter, nice hard back book, lovely pictures and clear signs throughout, would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy reference, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About) (Board book)
Another useful book to have in the library of a pre-school. Helps all children and adults to communicate likes and dislikes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better.., 16 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 28 July 2013
Ms. K. Price "kezzap" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About) (Board book)
Great book, bought as part of the sign language series. All simple to read for Mum & baby with lots of gorgeous photos with my little one is starting to recognise and understand.

Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About)
Meal Time (Sign About S.) (BSL) (Sign About) by Anthony Lewis (Board book - 1 Nov 2005)
3.59