5.0 out of 5 stars great book!
Published on 7 Nov 2008 by Catherine

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids learn to knit
I think my expectations were too high as this hasn't inspired me to use it with the children. Friends and family like it
Published 9 months ago by C. Wilson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!, 7 Nov 2008
This review is from: Kids Learn to Knit (Paperback)
My daughter recieved this book as a 7th birthday present. I am not a very skilled knitter - learned how to do it as a child, but hadn't knitted a stitch for about 20 years, but I found this book really clear,well-presented and easy to follow and I found it easy to help my daughter learn to knit. (It even explained very clearly how to use the french knitting kit she'd been given for her previous birthday which we'd given up on after trying many times to understand the instructions!)

It has various simple projects for things like animals, toys and knitted flags, and each new project teaches a new skill, but your child can make things from the first pages. The book is also very attractively laid out. It makes a nice present for a child (I'd say 7-10 would be the right age group), but might also be helpful for an adult novice knitter as the instructions are so straightforward.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really helpful and exciting book!, 25 July 2009
Mary B (Darlington UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kids Learn to Knit (Paperback)
I gave this book to my eleven-year-old grandaughter. We both had great fun looking at it together and beginning the projects. I gave her 'Kids learn to crochet' last year - so now she not only loves doing crochet, but knitting as well and she has already made lots of presents for her friends. My only criticism is that stating on the back of the book that it is suitable for 'children aged six to nine' can be off-putting for older children. Why not say it is suitable for children and learners aged six to ninety?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for adults too!, 6 Feb 2011
This review is from: Kids Learn to Knit (Paperback)
Forget the kids... I bought this book for myself to learn how to knit. I had tried a few books aimed at the adult market, a few DVDs, and You Tube videos.. but this was the book that helped me finally get the hang of it.
There are lots of super easy knitting projects in this book. I just completed my first project "Hooting Henry" today, which will make a great gift for one of the nieces or nephews.
While I am not a child, I have no doubt that this book would be suitable and fun for them... I might even give my copy to my niece when I'm finished with it! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars a good learn to knit book, 14 April 2011
This review is from: Kids Learn to Knit (Paperback)
I bought this as a teaching aid for my knitting club at a primary school. I did not find that it had enough small projects for me. It does have very good clear instructions for learning to knit and some ideas of animals to make your first squares into.
I gave it to someone wanting to teach thier child to knit, having forgotten thier childhood knitting. It is excellent for both adult or child with little or no knitting skills to learn how to knit. If that is you then this is an excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what wewanted, 22 Sep 2010
jmm (Aldershot, Hants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kids Learn to Knit (Paperback)
My 9 year old grand daughter wanted to knit little toys. This super book has just those sort of little projects that she liked. the book means that she can remind herself of some of the techniques and doesn't need to wait till she sees me.
It has really boosted her confidence and skill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids learn to knit, 23 Aug 2010
This review is from: Kids Learn to Knit (Paperback)
My daughter loves this book. it is easy to follow and we would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: Kids Learn to Knit (Paperback)
I taught my 5-year old grandaughter to knit on her recent visit to me, and also refreshed her mother. I've got this book for them for Christmas and on looking through it I am really impressed with how everything is explained very simply but not patronisingly. There's loads of interesting information as well as very easy pictures to follow and some super easy patterns - a really good book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Book, 2 May 2012
L. Tiley "Old Raver" (Kent England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kids Learn to Knit (Paperback)
This is a great little book for children and adults, which gives interesting projects to help learn the different techniques of knitting. It is beautifully illustrated, and the instructions are clear, I would recomend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Kids Learn to Knit (Paperback)
~The book had very clear instructions for children of how to do many different things and there are patterns for them to knit small things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: Kids Learn to Knit (Paperback)
Great book for little ones easy set out basic stitches any child could understand would recommend to all budding knitters

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Kids Learn to Knit
Kids Learn to Knit by Francois Hall (Paperback - 9 Nov 2006)
6.12