5.0 out of 5 stars Supremely easy to follow!
Having tried learning to crochet numerous times and just not getting it, I went for this book as it has pictures and seemed really easy to follow. And it was! My aim was to learn to crochet granny squares, and now I can! It has step-by-step guides with pictures, and patterns that get progressively more involved, but never impossible. I would highly recommend this...
Published on 24 Sept. 2005 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars States this is all you need to learn crochet, ...
States this is all you need to learn crochet, however, there are instructions which tell you to do a certain stitch etc but does not explain how to do it. I used this book in conjunction with YouTube to help with what the book missed out.
Published 11 months ago by Kirstin Peter

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars States this is all you need to learn crochet, ..., 26 July 2014
This review is from: Learn to Crochet: Clear stitch diagrams and instructions. 20 simple projects to make (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for a clueless beginner, 5 Mar. 2014
I am an absolute beginner and I could not follow the stitch descriptions. I thought the book was supposed to be aimed at people like me. Faced with having to look up every stitch on the internet anyway, I sent the book back.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, idea for beginners, 4 Jan. 2011
I just finished uni and was thinking what to do now with me new free-time with not having to read and write for my degree anymore...knitting and crocheting came to my mind and that book is marvellous. It explains very well stitches, has interesting pattern in it such as eg a bag (sort of handbag), christmas decortion,cushions, afghan and pot holder in it.

It also explains many different patterns and explains how to measure the tension.

I am very happy about this purchase and consider this to be a great book to learn the basics of crocheting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for total beginners? Knot Half!, 13 Jan. 2011
I had learnt to do a basic chain stitch over the chistmas holidays and I was hooked....(please ignore the horrible pun), so I had to get a few projects to start me off.
I found this book very easy to work with. Made a pot holder in about an hour!
Has loads of lovely ideas, including christmas Decorations, which look great. Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaching aid, 14 Jun. 2013
Great book! I really need to learn how to crochet properly and understand how the different stitches work. I am already using the book to great effect and look forward to progressing quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Learn to Crochet, 28 April 2013
I like the patterns this book has, but for an absolute beginner, I found some of the instructions a bit beyond my ability. This will be very good once I have mastered the basics.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Mar. 2013
I'm a complete beginner and found this book almost impossible to follow. I was also disappointed with the projects. There wasn't anything in it that I really wanted to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I knew how to crochet, 2 Feb. 2009
June Hay (Isle of Wight UK) - See all my reviews
If like me you thought you could muddle buy and produce the odd item, more by chance than judgement this is a must. Excellent instruction, very clear diagrams and you can be uptodate with today's fashions by just adding a very simple edge to some ordinary knitted, fleece etc items.
I would really recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as helpful, 5 Sept. 2013
Was really looking forward to this but instuctions are difficult to follow, partically if you are a novice. I would say more of a refresher.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted..., 10 May 2014
This book is just what I wanted - it has clear diagrams & explanations & photos so even I should be able to learn how to crochet

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›