5.0 out of 5 stars Supremely easy to follow!
Having tried learning to crochet numerous times and just not getting it, I went for this book as it has pictures and seemed really easy to follow. And it was! My aim was to learn to crochet granny squares, and now I can! It has step-by-step guides with pictures, and patterns that get progressively more involved, but never impossible. I would highly recommend this...
Published on 24 Sep 2005 by Jenny Kiely

3.0 out of 5 stars Learn to Crochet
I like the patterns this book has, but for an absolute beginner, I found some of the instructions a bit beyond my ability. This will be very good once I have mastered the basics.
Published 15 months ago by helena kendrick

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as helpful, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Learn to Crochet: Clear stitch diagrams and instructions. 20 simple projects to make (Paperback)
Was really looking forward to this but instuctions are difficult to follow, partically if you are a novice. I would say more of a refresher.

3.0 out of 5 stars Learn to Crochet, 28 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn to crochet, 7 April 2013
Brilliant book, it's a great size for popping in my hand bag and taking out on long bus rides or hospital appointments. There are pictures showing how to complete the instructions being given which help me a lot. A great book for beginners.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Mar 2013
I'm a complete beginner and found this book almost impossible to follow. I was also disappointed with the projects. There wasn't anything in it that I really wanted to make.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal book for a learner, 12 April 2013
D. Giles - See all my reviews
I am new to crochet and wanted a book with clear easy to follow instructions for someone of my age 70+.This book is ideal for a learner and I've already made a couple of simple things.I'd recommend it for anybody in any age group.Well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for total beginners? Knot Half!, 13 Jan 2011
I had learnt to do a basic chain stitch over the chistmas holidays and I was hooked....(please ignore the horrible pun), so I had to get a few projects to start me off.
I found this book very easy to work with. Made a pot holder in about an hour!
Has loads of lovely ideas, including christmas Decorations, which look great. Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, idea for beginners, 4 Jan 2011
I just finished uni and was thinking what to do now with me new free-time with not having to read and write for my degree anymore...knitting and crocheting came to my mind and that book is marvellous. It explains very well stitches, has interesting pattern in it such as eg a bag (sort of handbag), christmas decortion,cushions, afghan and pot holder in it.

It also explains many different patterns and explains how to measure the tension.

I am very happy about this purchase and consider this to be a great book to learn the basics of crocheting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 16 Jan 2013
Love to learn to crochet the instruction a very simple just started my first baby blanked
Hope to get on to the more fancy crochet soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn to crochet, 14 Nov 2012
Excellent book for anyone learning to crochet. It is logically and clearly set out with excellent instructions and diagrams. There is also a good selection of items to make. I am really looking forward to using it. It is also a good size to take with you when you are travelling along with wool and crochet hook. It would make an excellent present and is very good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars The book is very good and I shall use it in the future, 2 July 2014
The book is very good and I shall use it in the future, but I found it hard as a complete novice to understand some of the basics. I went on " You Tube" and learnt how to crochet in 1 hour, and I am literally "hooked" now. Very fast and efficient service, thank you. A++

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›