5.0 out of 5 stars Supremely easy to follow!
Published on 24 Sep 2005 by Jenny Kiely

3.0 out of 5 stars Learn to Crochet
I like the patterns this book has, but for an absolute beginner, I found some of the instructions a bit beyond my ability. This will be very good once I have mastered the basics.
Published 15 months ago by helena kendrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Supremely easy to follow!, 24 Sep 2005
This review is from: Learn to Crochet: Clear stitch diagrams and instructions. 20 simple projects to make (Paperback)
Having tried learning to crochet numerous times and just not getting it, I went for this book as it has pictures and seemed really easy to follow. And it was! My aim was to learn to crochet granny squares, and now I can! It has step-by-step guides with pictures, and patterns that get progressively more involved, but never impossible. I would highly recommend this book, and it's very cheap too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear diagrams and instrictions., 7 Oct 2013
As an absolute beginner and elderly, this was most instructive
and helpful. Fully recommend to anyone.
Well worth the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars just learning, 27 Dec 2012
This was bought for some one at a beginners level for christmas,
instrusions in the book look simple to follow,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Book, 26 Nov 2006
M. R. Topham "MRT" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
A wonderful book with clear instructions them have helped me sort out a few of my crochet problems. The projects are good as well and are great for the beginer. I would highly recommend this book. A good price as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crochet basics book, 26 April 2009
A Passer By "Book Lover" (Leeds) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
"Learn to Crochet" is a wonderful book of crochet basics. It is 80 page, beautifully illustrated and, in my opinion, would make a great gift.
I always wanted to learn to crochet but didn't have a teacher. I tried to crochet some edgings using this book and they turned out quite fine.
This book teaches about yarns and threads, hooks types and sizes, holding crochet hook, holding yarn, making a loop, foundation chain, basic stitches, double crochet, half trebles, treble crochet, tension, working from patterns (chrochet abbreviations and terminology UK/US explained), working in rounds, working fillet crochet, simple crochet edgings, gallery of projects (how to make pot holder, circular cushion, striped cushions, colourwork bags, treble crochet scarf, string bag, coin purse, scallop cushion, scarf, cotton afghan, wool aghan, lacy cushion and christmas decorations).
It is really a beginner's crochet book, very simple, very attractive, informative and I like the simple projects at the back (I only would crochet simple things). Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars v.helpful book, 22 Mar 2011
This is a second crochet book for me as a beginner,it really helped me a lot.Very easy to handle and clear stitch diagrams and instructions with easy going projects.highly recommend this book for the beginners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the basics, 6 Nov 2010
I learn to crochet when I was a child, I was taught several stitches but wasn't told about turning chains - hence row after row got wonkier and wonkier. As an adult I wanted a recap and to learn more. There wasn't much available at the time but this little book cropped up. I use it to remind myself of the basic stitches and how many turning chains are needed for each stitch etc (these are things I regularly forget!)I found it delivered the information in a clear way and with good pictures for clarity. It has been the best book for delivering the basics that all crocheters need. It is concise and you will need more but this book will get you to that stage - it won't promise that you can run before you walk, it will get you proficient at the building blocks and then it will be up to you. The projects are not bad. I've given it 5 stars because it concentrates on the important bits and explains them properly and well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, 21 Jun 2009
Mrs. C. Hulmes "christine6623" (Gwynedd, UK) - See all my reviews
I found the instructions in this book easy to follow and gave me great ideas to creat my own blankets and afghans in my own designs.

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I knew how to crochet, 2 Feb 2009
June Hay (Isle of Wight UK) - See all my reviews
If like me you thought you could muddle buy and produce the odd item, more by chance than judgement this is a must. Excellent instruction, very clear diagrams and you can be uptodate with today's fashions by just adding a very simple edge to some ordinary knitted, fleece etc items.
I would really recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted..., 10 May 2014
This book is just what I wanted - it has clear diagrams & explanations & photos so even I should be able to learn how to crochet

5.24