on 16 July 2014
Very useful and clear workbook for beginners about posture's excercices!
on 11 November 2012
A great handbook for anyone wishing to understand and refine their posture. Grounded in the subtle yet practical ideas of the Alexander Technique it contains clear, well-written explanations of how our body works from the inside out. There are striking photos along with individual stories showing how the way we stand, sit and move can interfere with our natural internal support systems. A clear progression through the ideas leads to the postural '5-a-day' section which gives useful advice and postural exercises to explore - all of which can be carried out at home with no specialist equipment. As an Alexander Technique teacher I find this is an inspiring book to share with people seeking a 'self-help' approach to posture and well-being.
on 12 November 2012
I loved this book - it's incredibly easy to read and very informative. Carolyn has a friendly & personal style of writing so that, by the end, I felt that she had 'talked me through' the whole business of posture. The case studies are fascinating and, along with some great photos, really help to illustrate what she means. I think this an important book for anyone interested in their posture - it's really heightened my own awareness of how I move around. Great stuff !
on 26 June 2013
Carolyn has written an enjoyable, informative book on the Alexander Technique. She is a leading expert in her field and is excellent at explaining the various elements of body posture, breathing, pain management with the Alexander techniques. A clever lady, there is much to gain from reading this book. Enjoy!
on 27 May 2016
I had looked at the book before at the house of my Alexander Technique Class so I knew what I was buying
on 22 November 2012
I enjoyed Carolyn Nicholls' first book, 'Body, Breath and Being' so knew this would be good too. I was not disappointed as she had included a wealth of new material for me to try out at home. The case studies are great too, and give hope to anyone suffering from a long term chronic condition, that the principles of Alexander technique really do have something relevant to add to the range of options for people, who perhaps have tried everything else but are still in pain. The info in this book works!!
on 11 March 2015
Helpful book, need more time to read it thoroughly
on 4 May 2015
Excellent introduction to the Alexander technique
on 25 June 2014
Haven't read the book fully yet, bought on the basis of other people's reviews & my AT Teacher's recommendation of Carolyn Nicholls. Looking forward to reading it!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2014
this is not what you think it i, this book just explains about posture there are very few exercises or stretches in this book that will help with your posture, total rubbish