‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Alex Rider!, 27 Mar 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Dragon Rider (Hardcover)
This book kept me going for hours. Every aspect of it is exiting. It's not your ordinary book which is boring at the start and gradually builds up, right from the word go it's superb.
When a young homeless boy finds a dragon in the abandoned building he lives in the adventure begins. A homeless boy called Ben, a brownie called Sorrel and a young dragon called Firedrake set off from a city to find the rim of heaven, (The home of all dragons) but they have a few problems on the way. With a brownie who is giving directions but can't read a map and a dragon-eating beast on the loose of course you'd have problems.
I won't spoil the story, but if you are aged ten or over I'm sure you will love this adventure.George P, age 11.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enter a magical world, 28 July 2006
This review is from: Dragon Rider (Hardcover)
I recently read this book to my son (aged 7) and daughter (aged 5) and we all thoroughly enjoyed it - even Dad came home early to listen in! It is a long book but it weaves a magical spell which is totally captivating and believable, so much so that we all felt a bit empty once we got to the end. This is as imaginitive as Harry Potter but, without the dark overtones - just sometimes a little scary when the monster Nettlebrand is around..... I thoroughly recommend this even for quite young kids like mine and I am sure they will read it for themselves when they are a little older.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - edge of your seat book, 26 Mar 2007
This review is from: Dragon Rider (Paperback)
Fantastic! This extremely exciting book will keep you on the very edge of your seat with the adventures of three creatures tied together by fate.

Firedrake, Ben and a cheeky young Brownie called Sorrel go through a breathtaking adventure to reach the rim of heaven - where dragons can live in peace and harmony.

I personally think this is the best book I have ever read.

Unlike other books I've read, Dragon Rider is the first book to have a recognizable creature named as something else, for example, a Brownie is a cat. But like some other books such as "How to train your dragon" and "Dragon keeper", Dragon rider is another great book centred on the amazing adventures of dragons.

Ben, Sorrel and Firedrake face lots of horrible creatures on their journey, such as poachers, dwarfs, pixies and a heartless monster from the past who's been waiting for a very long time to destroy the last dragon on Earth.

Travelling through towns, mountains and even over seas, this book is a cracker of a journey. It has great characters like...

Burr-Burr-Chan A mountain brownie

Maia A she-dragon

Gravelbeard A dwarf

Plus lots more like Ben a normal boy from London.

All books have weaknesses but dragon rider has very few. Over all Dragon Rider is an extremely good story, which I'd recommend to anyone who is searching for fantasy and excitement in the pages of a book.

Go on read it!

Benjamin

5.0 out of 5 stars wow !!, 18 Oct 2004
This review is from: Dragon Rider (Hardcover)
wow, this is a great book for children and adults, I read it first to see if it was suitable for my son and I was so sad to finish it that i started reading it again. it takes a couple of chapters to get going but worth it !!! fantastic book..

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book!, 25 April 2006
C. Atkin (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragon Rider (Paperback)
My eight year old son and I read this together at bedtimes and we both absolutely loved it. Although a long book, we were sorry when it came to an end and are keen to read more by this author.

The story was exciting, imaginative and gripping. Definitely a "must-read" for all dragon fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a seven year old thinks..., 6 Aug 2007
StarBoyAlex (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragon Rider (Paperback)
I liked this book because the dragon Sorrell, the Brownie and the dragon rider go in dangerous places and escape! My favourite part was when they found what they were looking for: the Rim of Heaven! You will like this book if you like adventure stories and you are aged 6 to 14.

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is a brilliant fantasy, 2 Nov 2006
Birdman (Astbury, Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragon Rider (Paperback)
`Dragon Rider' is a very good magical story and grips any reader that dares to glance in its pages. At every chapter there is a very intimidating mystery that every time always making you want to read on. Also in this book a magical touch lies within and when you read it it appeals to everyone even adults although this book is made for children and the audience can be anyone.

Read this book and you will be thrilling with thoughts and your imagination will be going wild, so read if you dare but after you've read this book you might even have to write a book yourself because you will be so amazed!!!

If you like this book hen I recommend you read `Barkbelly'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 24 Mar 2006
This review is from: Dragon Rider (Paperback)
This book kept me reading even when it was time to go to bed. The story is not only fun but tells you about mystical creatures such as Dragons and Brownies. Great for children and adults alike!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book I've Ever Read!!!, 13 May 2005
This review is from: Dragon Rider (Hardcover)
Dragon Rider is the best book i've ever read. Firstly I read Inkheart and I loved that so I tried The Thief Lord and that was really good too so I went to the bookshop to see if Cornelia Funke had written anything else. I found Dragon Rider.
Once i'd started I couldn't put the book down - beleive me, I got told off at night for reading it and i eventually had to be taken off me! (I am only 12 incase you were wondering!)
Dragon Rider is about a Dragon named Firedrake and a Brownie name Sorrell. They set off on a journey to find the Rim of Heaven. They come across a boy called Ben and he joins them on their quest. I am not going to ruin it for you so I will stop there.
I would reccomend this book to children/teenagers round about m age as it is an adventure book with lots of twists, turns and surprises!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - edge of your seat book., 13 July 2012
This review is from: Dragon Rider (Paperback)
Fantastic - edge of your seat book.

I personally think this is the best book I have ever read.

Unlike other books I've read, Dragon Rider is the first book to have a recognisable creature named as something else: for example, a Brownie is a cat. But like some other books such as "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Dragon Keeper", Dragon Rider is another great book centred on the amazing adventures of dragons.

Travelling through towns, mountains and even over seas; this book is a cracker of a journey. It has great characters like...

Burr-Burr-Chan - A mountain brownie
Maia - A she-dragon
Gravelbeard - A dwarf
Plus lots more like Ben a normal boy from London.

All books have weaknesses but dragon rider has very few. Overall Dragon Rider is an extremely good story, which I'd recommend to anyone who is searching for fantasy and excitement in the pages of a book.

Go on read it!

Benjamin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dragon Rider
Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke (Paperback - 6 Jun 2005)