Format: Hardcover|Change

on 22 February 2004
This book is the perfect tool for all Trainee and Qualified hypnotherapists. The tools and stratagies help develop complex and proffesional Scripts. The scripts within the Works help to give the guidlines needed to help in the treatment of Phobias through to Smoking Ceasation. A must buy recommended to all on my Course.
on 20 February 2004
This wonderful book gives examples of Scripts for everyday use in Hypnotherapy. As a Hypnotherapist in training I have found it the perfect tool to help write Scripts for everything from Phobias to General Well being. A must for any therapist today. Anyone who has read the two other versions will be impressed by the content in this Complete Works.
VINE VOICEon 1 August 2008
Roger Allen presents a comprehensive and extremely elegantly written collection of scripts for all aspects of hypnotherapy - inductions, deepeners, and scripts for a wide range of specific problems. I particularly like the sections on pain management (including visiting the dentist), smoking cessation, negative emotions, bereavement, and accessing "lost" memories. There's also a small collection of very nice metaphors and a number of short essays on related topics including stage hypnosis, anchoring, parts therapy and others. Personally I would also have liked some essays on the practicalities of running a hypnotherapy practice (I am sure Mr Allen has a lot to share on that) but this, perhaps, is not the book for that. Nevertheless, this is an excellent collection of scripts for all practising hypnotherapists - all of them beautifully written.
on 9 May 2012
Another fantastic resource book. This book is divided into sections including excellent sections for stress management, weight loss and smoking cessation. I bought this when I was training and I continue to use it regularily for ideas and inspiration for my practice. The scripts are elegant with plenty of methaphors and a good mixture of direct and indirect suggestions. In fact I would say this is probably the most used resource I have. If you have only money to buy one book then this is the one I would most recommend.
on 7 February 2009
this book does as it says on the cover. I would recommend you read all the scripts then consider your own scripts against the book. I have used elements of the scripts because I like to use my own/clients words. The structure and ideas are good starting points - it will remain nearby as a reference
on 1 August 2009
This book has a large variety of scripts. it travels with me everywhere an I have used several of the scripts on clients with fantastic results an great feedback.
on 8 November 2012
An ideal book for the course I have just started. Set out well with practical advice which should be very useful.
This was recommended by the course I am doing and I would recommend it as a student too.
on 9 April 2008
A very thorough reference covering several of the more common issues hypnotherapists deal with on a day to day basis. At the same time it's very straightforward and for the experienced therapist you can almost open up and use a script straightaway (after doing all the preliminaries in the consultation/pre-induction talk of course). And the scripts really are wonderful and rhythmic and cover all the right points. The Smoking Cessation script is one I've used more than once with great success. One of more valuable hypnosis reference books.
on 9 December 2011
I am currently doing my diploma in hypnotherapy, This book is excellent and gives some very good scripts that you can modify to suit your clients needs. This is definitely a must have on my hypno book shelf!
on 10 April 2010
This book is nicely laid out, easy to use.
Great for beginners and for inspiration, if you have been practicing for a while you may feel you could write it yourself. That said, other people's work is always inspirational!