5.0 out of 5 stars Nightlights bedtime stories
My eight your old has been having trouble getting to sleep for the past 16 months. Every night, all anxieties pop up, all problems are huge at night time to a young child, but this book has changed that.

Published on 8 Jun 2009 by Mrs. E. Pearce

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected
The cover looks beautiful and the concept seems nice, but not for us. My 3yo (perhaps too young) closed the book on me before we even finished the first story. She was bored. Normally she's such an imaginative wee soul but these stories did not encourage or tap into that. I must admit that I did not even enjoy reading the story to her. The beginning of the book is...
Published 17 months ago by Rosebud

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightlights bedtime stories, 8 Jun 2009
This review is from: Nightlights: Stories for You to Read to Your Child - To Encourage Calm, Confidence and Creativity (Paperback)

Every story achieves the same results, every single time. A calm, happy and very sleepy child!! It's easy to choose a story, to fit in with your child's state of mind. Whether they are anxious, upset, worried, grieving or simply a bit low, there will be a story to resolve the situation.

Since I received this wonderful book, our lives have been transformed. My daughter sleeps soundly, within 15 minutes of her head touching the pillow. It also works wonders on the person reading it.

I would recommend this book to absolutely anyone. Enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 28 Jan 2008
I bought this book last year to read to my 3 children. They absolutly loved it and used to snuggle up in bed in great anticipation waiting to see where they would visit that night. Seeing this book on amazon and reading the last review reminded me of the book I must take out and read again to my children. Its a collection of meditative visualisations made especially for kids. I wish someone would read it to me!! Whether youre in the middle of a huge jungle dancing with lions and snakes or dressing up in different character costumes your kids will love it!! A great buy to treasure for years, just the kind of book you could read to your childrens children in years to come!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful experience for parents and children, 6 July 2005
By A Customer
I found this to be a wonderful book to help parents assist their children in dealing with the sort of issues that children face day to day. There is a helpful index which is arranged by issues from another child being born to bullying and other common childhood problem. The introductory section about how to read to your child I thought was lovely. Many parents never experienced being read to as children and this provides a simple yet non-patronising guide to help them learn. I also loved the guide to meditation and the child friendly affirmations. I'm not sure what the age guide is supposed to be, possibly up to about age 8, although I read it to my friends 11 year old and she loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, calming bed time story, 18 Oct 2013
Perfect for calming and soothing small children (mine are 7 & 8) before sleep. Love the affirmations, might not go in first time but positive reinforcement is only a good thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a different type of story, 1 Dec 2012
When i read this to my 5 year old at night; the stories ask her to imagination what she is going to see. I love the fact that she gets to picture in her head and is antidote to telly etc. The affirmations remind me and her (at the end of each story) of what really is quite important. A very good end to tumultous days. My daughter is five so its a little beyond her at some stages, but nevertheless she likes "picking up her enchanted lantern" to see where it will lead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic, 6 Mar 2013
C. Mayne (NI (UK)) - See all my reviews
Few words for this review - this book is fantastic.

Stories are excellently written and there are some auxiliary material on easing your child into meditation/relaxation techniques.

Daughter chooses this or the "Buddha at Bedtime" almost every night before sleeping.

Must buy for any child between 2-10!

5.0 out of 5 stars There arn't enough books like this!, 23 July 2012
Nightlights is fab, the stories are so lovely and actually teach the children the best ways to think and feel to avoid negative emotions and behaviours. Our society really needs to be brimming with books and teachings like this, unfortunately the opposite is often thrust upon the little ones with image consciousness and materialistic rubbish. If you want your child to be happy about who they are, what they or others do or don't have, how to appreciate the good things in life and not focus on the negative then this book is a good start!
Five stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best eight pound Ive ever spent!, 3 Oct 2010
I was recommended this by a friend of mine with two young boys. I was having trouble getting my 5 year old to sleep. I noticed a difference from the first night we did the breathing exercises and read a story. Now my daughter rushes to bed for her special story. She drifts off to sleep all by herself and wakes up calm and refreshed. Ive recommended this to all my friends with kids. Even my ten year old joins in our story time now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely stories, 26 Jan 2012
This book has lovely stories with lovely messages behind them. The stories are quite short, but good for bedtime stories. Once he had heard the stories my son wasn't interested in hearing them again. My son was 6yrs old when we got the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute wonder!, 9 Sep 2009
J. Thalemann (UK) - See all my reviews
I was compelled to write a review for this book having purchased it specifically for my seven year old. She has always had a vivid imagination and finds it hard to unwind and clear her mind at bedtime. This has been a miracle book for her. She enjoys choosing a story, snuggling down and waiting to find out where the enchanted path will take her ... and fortunately, this is always fast asleep within minutes!

I cannot recommend this book more highly - a must for every bedtime!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›