5.0 out of 5 stars Constructive Criticism
This little book holds very clear and concise instructions to more geometric constructions than any other source that I have found. The book is entirely practical in nature - no proofs are offered. A truely excellent resource.
Published on 26 Aug 2010 by M. Blackburn

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cover but tiny diagrams
Published on 12 July 2012 by sir_isaac_newton

5.0 out of 5 stars Constructive Criticism, 26 Aug 2010
M. Blackburn "marcusb10" (Romsey, Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ruler and Compass: Practical Geometric Constructions (Wooden Books) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Memory lane, 31 Jan 2013
Got this just to see what could be done with compasses. warm memories of school days and new stuff too. Good illustrations, text not impenetrable, if you like geometry and constructing stuff, have a look at this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 July 2014
Geometry is so important, this small book lays out the ways of many shapes obtainable with compass and ruler

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice aprouch to the subject, 13 Oct 2014
Very helpfull. Very nice aprouch to the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, constructive, 31 July 2014
Good read , constructive, Roland.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Aug 2014
Useful information

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cover but tiny diagrams, 12 July 2012
Not sure what all the excitement is about this book. I found the writing rather small and the diagrams too small & fine for comfortable viewing. I need glasses for reading these days and I needed my best ones to read this little book - particularly the diagrams - even then it was not a comfortable experience. I guess I was looking for something to help me produce interesting geometric designs but this seems more geared to solving classical mathematical problems. The method for approximating a spiral with a compass was interesting. The elipse too, but my father showed me a better way long ago. Perhaps this will grow on me yet (if it does, I will increase my rating).

Ruler and Compass: Practical Geometric Constructions (Wooden Books)