5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Noon - leaves you wanting more!!
Published on 12 Mar 2007 by Barmy_Bex

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in the ending
Published 14 months ago by snowqueen01

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Noon - leaves you wanting more!!, 12 Mar 2007
This review is from: Blue Noon: Number 3 in series (Midnighters) (Paperback)
This is the third book in the series, I read the first 2 books and thought they were amazing, but the third one is even better, the storyline is full of suspense and kept me from putting the book down, the ending is a little sad but also hopeful and seems to be left open for the possibility of another book in the series, and it leaves you wanting another one, believe me.

I would recommend this book highly, if you like books like Harry Potter, Philip Pullmans books and things like Garth Nix, but even if you don't like these i still think you would love this book. definately try the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 6 May 2014
Excellent book for young and old started reading this series to see if they would be suitable for my daughter of 12 hooked on the story from book one and my daughter loved them all

5.0 out of 5 stars love It, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Blue Noon: Number 3 in series (Midnighters) (Paperback)
I read this book when I was 17 and till this day, 7 years later, I can still visually play the book in my head. I've even made my 14yr old sister read it and she's loving it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in the ending, 7 July 2013
I felt a little cheated at the end, really didn't like the ending. Kudos to the author for not going for the happy, neat finish, but it didn't work for me. I sort of feel as though I read book 2 in order to get to the big fight in book 3, and now I wish I hadn't bothered with either, and had stopped after book 1. The concepts are still great, and the story is well written and involving. I guess I wanted something a little more uplifting after all the angst.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overkill & inconceivable, 21 Jan 2011
Book Angel Emma (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Blue Noon: Number 3 in series (Midnighters) (Paperback)
I really dislike writing bad reviews, I am not going to spout about this book, I am writing the review in order to maintain my reading record and to confirm my issues with the plot.

We are dropped into the middle of the action with a slightly disturbing start following the end of Touching Darkness and the incident involving Rex and the Darklings. Although Rex and Melissa's relationship deepens throughout this book I felt as if they had had a personality transplant. Which really confused how the reader related to them and their interactions with the other Midnighters.

There was a lot of recapping throughout the book, sometimes necessary due to the many tangents that the plot undertook, but a little boring when you have already read the other books.

There was some very unsettling, nightmarish imagery (for me anyway with the snake depictions). I literally felt as if someone had been inside my head and pulled my nightmares out, then written them into the story.

The finale of the story took on an overkill quality with a myriad of disasters striking the Midnighters. Making the plot rather inconceivable. I found this a real shame as the middle book in the trilogy really held my attention and made we want to continue reading the series. The ending was anti-climatic and confusing, I was left thinking WTH???

On a positive note: I loved the use of the 13 letter words which really helped improve my vocabulary. Plus the use of math was ingenious even if I didn't completely understand it.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 25 July 2009
Mrs. K. Mace (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue Noon: Number 3 in series (Midnighters) (Paperback)
i bought all 3 of the books in the midnighter series going on what previous reviewers had written (it was cheaper to buy all 3 together at the time!) and after reading the 1st one i thought it was rubbish. thought i'd give it a go by reading the 2nd but still couldn't get into it. the story just didn't grab my interest. i definately wouldn't recommend this if you are looking for something after reading twilight!

2.0 out of 5 stars not so great, 23 April 2009
Le Floch (Belgium) - See all my reviews
i got my item, but some of the things are not wgat i was expected, the book arrived later after the date i was expected and the book i got is not the book on the image so i'm dissapointed and the book i have is older and in not a good state !!!
i know now that i won't buy with this seller ever again!!!!

Blue Noon: Number 3 in series (Midnighters)
Blue Noon: Number 3 in series (Midnighters) by Scott Westerfeld (Paperback - 2 Nov 2006)
5.93