4.0 out of 5 stars It's about time!!, 23 Feb 2004
Goubs (Guernsey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Iron Legion (Complete Fourth Doctor Comic Strips Vol. 1): v. 1 (Paperback)
After reading these stories in original format, I have to say that this is an excellent collection. I have mine on pre-order already. The collection includes The Iron Legion, City of the Damned, The Star Beast, Dogs of Doom and The Time Witch. The only downside is that they are reprinted in black and white, this isn't a problem as they were always like that, however still a little disappointing as The Iron Legion was reprinted in colour in Marvel Collected Comics about 10 years ago. Still an excellent purchase, and hopefully the first of many.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 27 Jun 2014
the moderaters a furry killer star beast and the robotic iron legion , all this and more . the creative force of writers pat mills
and john wagner and artist dave gibbons have delivered superb storys with imagination twists and turns .for me vaule for money I only wish there was more of the tom baker era to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable old style Doctor Who adventures., 18 May 2013
This is a very enjoyable read the artwork is awesome and the writers must be huge fan's of the 4th Doctor as they manage to capture his spirit in ink. I can highly recommend this to fan's of the 4th Doctor and Who fan's in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seventies strips that stand the test of time., 31 Dec 2012
I grew up reading these strips; I remember them as being brilliant. However I still thought I was taking a gamble when I bought them for my seven year old son. Sure I was seven when I read them, but we're always being told that kids have different expectations these days; after all these strips are in black and white, not full blown colour, and they're full length stories with lots of parts.

I needn't of worried; these strips certainly do stand the test of time and appeal just as well to the current generation - my seven year old son sat up reading the strip avidly way past his bedtime, and as soon as he was asleep the eleven year old was in to steal the book to read it himself, and they both agreed it was a great story and they liked the "skeleton guy" (the cyborg gladiator Morris) and was sad when he died. So if your younger who-fans are curious enough about the old series to care for the adventures of the fourth doctor, this is a great purchase; or if like me, you're an aging Doctor Who fan who's a nostalgia junky, you might just want it for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars For all Dr. Who fans, 25 Sep 2005
By A Customer
I watched all of the new series of Doctor Who starring Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper. I wanted to use some of my birthday money on something to do with Doctor Who. I chose this. My favourite story out of the five is called "The Time Witch". I am hoping to get "Dragon's Claw" when I've got the money for it. But I'm sure I will get it one day and "The Tides Of Time". I have just begun reading DWM (Doctor Who Magazine) which is where these comic strips come from. If you're a Dr.Who fan then this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 classic Doctor Who Weekly adventures, 15 Mar 2006
This collection of Doctor Who Weekly comic strip reprints four of the most memorable stories from the 1979-1980 period, all superbly illustrated by Dave Gibbons. The collection contains the strips from 36 issues of the comic.
The original drawings were black and white. Colorization would be as pointless for them as for Citizen Kane. Anyway, the illustrations look better now than when first printed, having been rendered in rich, black ink on fine, glossy paper.
If Meep, Moderators, and Magog bring back memories then you'll love rereading this collection.

Doctor Who - The Iron Legion (Complete Fourth Doctor Comic Strips Vol. 1): v. 1