5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading
Published on 17 Dec. 2007 by Mrs. Le Griffith

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good
There are inaccuracies in this book, that contradict facts in most other books about Witchcraft.
So unless you are firmly on the side of the "witchcraft is evil brigade" this book is not for you. I read it as research, and truly wish I hadn't wasted my money on it.
Published on 26 Nov. 2007 by Alinor Gerrard

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 17 Dec. 2007
Mrs. Le Griffith "otherperson" (oxford uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The History of Witchcraft (Pocket Essentials) (Hardcover)
I'm astonished at the previous review. The author has managed to produce an extremely accurate account of the subject, supported by thorough research, and to present a huge amount of historical material in a way that's very readable and interesting. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a serious book on the subject without wading through volumes of academic research. I assume that the reviewer didn't read any of this in the course of her research.

The book doesn't say anywhere that witchcraft is evil. Its purpose is not to pass judgement on the subject matter, but to educate and inform, and it succeeds brilliantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb and concise treatment of the witch craze, 11 Oct. 2004
By A Customer
Lois Martin's book on the witch craze is nothing less than a minor classic. While many of the books in this series are nothing more than filler, Martin's book is a relief in that it is written by someone who is not only passionate about their subect matter (indeed, I suspect Martin of being a practicising witch herself), but who also knows history from new age twaddle. A great and informative book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, 26 Nov. 2007

The History of Witchcraft (Pocket Essentials)
The History of Witchcraft (Pocket Essentials) by Lois Martin (Hardcover - 24 May 2007)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available