5.0 out of 5 stars Read about the real St George, an amazing little book
This book gives you the chance to really find out all there is to know about our patron saint. Its about time that a book like this was available for all to read. All school children should have the opportunity to read and study this book as it is clear and informative and really paints a true picture of St George.

St Georges day needs to be embraced by England...
Published on 28 Aug 2006 by Frances Yarrow

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but definitely not for "children"!
Published on 3 July 2010 by jennymac

5.0 out of 5 stars Read about the real St George, an amazing little book, 28 Aug 2006
This review is from: St. George: Knight, Martyr, Patron Saint and Dragonslayer (Pocket Essentials) (Hardcover)

St Georges day needs to be embraced by England and celebrated fully. Buy this book for you, your friends and family and get to know the real St George. I enjoyed it so much and really hope other people enjoy it as much as I did. I found the book to be easy to read with each chapter having a new and interesting angle. I found it surprising at times and praise the author for a well researched and stimulating read. I look forward to reading his previous book " The Holy Grail" and look forward to his new book "Byzantium" which I see will be published next year.

Highly reccommended

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but definitely not for "children"!, 3 July 2010
I thought this would be the ideal confirmation for my 11 year-old grandson - who was taking George as his confirmation name - because the reviewer said "this is a book every (English? British?) child should read". I was disappointed when the book arrived to find there were no illustrations and it looks much too "dry" and adult for the average teenger. I am sure it's a book I should enjoy though! I needed to see the layout inside and to see there were NO illustrations before making my choice.

St. George: Knight, Martyr, Patron Saint and Dragonslayer (Pocket Essentials)
Used & New from: £0.01