4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginners like me

1.0 out of 5 stars I've had better
Published on 7 Mar 2005 by richardchadwick4

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginners like me, 16 Dec 2005
Ray (Northampton United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quentin Tarantino (Pocket Essentials) (Paperback)
Having enjoyed Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill 1 and 2 I wished to learn a bit more about the director. This not so little book (150+ pages) gave me just the right amount of information to enhance my enjoyment of his films and give me a good understanding of exactly where Tarantino stands in relation to the film world in general. The book is entertaining, full of relevant information and easy to read. In other words it achieves what this admirable series(Pocket Essentials)sets out to accomplish.

1.0 out of 5 stars I've had better, 7 Mar 2005
This review is from: Quentin Tarantino (Pocket Essentials) (Paperback)
After only working my way half way through this overly comprehensive guide on Quentin Tarantino I gave up. It's major downfall is a lack of detail into the man himself, it acts more as a fact book to his projects, and although clearly a lot of research was done into the books construction I found that I learnt nothing new about a man with a rather extensive and interesting history. Instead i reccomend "Quentin Tarantino: The man and his movies", written by Jamie Bernard, although this does not cover more recent work such as Kill Bill it is a far better read and explores in detail the history of Tarantino and what lead him to his current status; one of the best director's of our time. Explored also in this book is the hugely popular cult classic Pulp Fiction.
This comprehensive guide may have been better if there was collaberation with it's subject, what I was hoping for was an in depth guide on how Tarantino rose to stardom and how he perfected his craft, i was poorly dissapointed.

Quentin Tarantino (Pocket Essentials)
Quentin Tarantino (Pocket Essentials) by D.K. Holm (Paperback - 1 Dec 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01