5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for cat lovers
Published on 23 Nov 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends what you're looking for....
Published on 31 Oct 2004 by K. A. R. Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for cat lovers, 23 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Cat Whisperer (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a gift for my mother but I'm keeping it! I already own dozens of 'cat books' and didn't think this one would add much to my knowledge - but it has & is probably the most useful book on cat behaviour I have read. It is not a glossy picture type of book, it's fairly detailed information for a cat owner who wants to understand how her cat's mind works, presented in an easily understood way. Claire Bessant is a very good writer with a relaxed but knowledgable style, and the book is full of excellent tips to improve the relationship you have with your cat.

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends what you're looking for...., 31 Oct 2004
K. A. R. Wright "Ha Tikvah" (N. Ireland U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I was trying to find a book that outlined the behaviour of cats quite specifically with respect to their biology and/or physiology perhaps. Not putting the book down but it (for me at least) was just too much common sense and not enough on how to change the errant behaviour problems you might encounter. Some useful info here and there, but if you're looking for a book that will *really* tell you why your cat is annihilating you on a regular basis for no good reason, this isn't the one. Least it certainly didn't provide me with any info I didn't already know nor solutions which I could really do with :-(.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want one cat book? This one!, 11 Jan 2007
This review is from: The Cat Whisperer (Paperback)
As a canine behaviourologist, I often have trouble finding books that go deep enough for me, yet can be recommended to people who don't work with animals the way I do. I have a cat that thinks he's a dog (nothing to do with me), likes to break all the rules, and is nothing like the cats I've had before. If he was a dog, I'd be fine, but I really don't have a clue about cats! But this book helped me work out what was going on in his little brain. I have used most of the information in the book to improve my relationship with him, and cannot believe the difference it has made. Rather than treating him as a cute bimbo, I've recognised just how much is going on in there and started clicker training him. Cats can sit and fetch and walk to heel too! I strongly recommend all cat owners get a read of this book so we can learn to recognise the smarty-pants cats we have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning about cats, 28 April 2009
Pauline Aksungur "pollyaksungur" (Adana, Turkey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cat Whisperer (Paperback)
I have a cat that is somewhat of a problem so I found an animal trainer. When the trainer tested my cat, the cat frightened the trainer so much that he said it would be impossible for him to work with my cat. So I ordered several books on cat training and of those I liked The Cat Whisperer the most. The author gives a good description of the nature of cats, how they see, and how sensitive their hearing and sense of smell is. She tells you how to read the body language of the cat, their facial expressions and how they hold their ears and tails according to the mood they are in as well as the reason they rub up against you. But most important of all, she tells you how you can train your cat. My cat and I get along much better since I read this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars disapointed, 4 Jan 2006
Rachel E. Brown "randdom85" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
Being the owner of four cats I was really looking forward to reading this book. However I found that much of what it had to say on how cats acted behaved postures etc most cat owners would already know just by observing their cats. The section on solving problems with your cats was no where near developed enough. In conclusion a very disapointing read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Readable, 7 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Cat Whisperer (Paperback)
Once I started to read I couldn't put this book down. The writing style is very engaging and the writer certainly knows her subject. I have 3 adopted feral cats which I am gradually trying to humanise. O adopted them at about 6-8 weeks - how I wish I had ready this book when I first took them in!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE CAT WHISPERER, 17 Sep 2003
By A Customer
An ideal name for an indepth love of cats. The book portrays many encounters with our feline friends and gives varied and complete information about many aspects that anyone may have ever thought or wondered about a cat's behaviour and human interaction. A very intelligent outgoing book that gives us humans insight into the nature and behaviour of what Claire Bessant endeavours to make our close companions. A very agreeable and well thought out empathy approach to the understanding of a cats personality. A great book to read.
Very imaginative and entertaining. A book for the bookshelf to take out at will, to enjoy by the fireside or as a quick reference to the pyschology of being a cat.

4.0 out of 5 stars aha!, 1 Jun 2009
This review is from: The Cat Whisperer (Paperback)
I was brought up with cats and recently got a cat, so being an experienced with cats I still found some "aha"-experiences while reading this book. I recommend it especially to new cat owners or people with little experience of cats, but who are considering getting one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cat Whisperer, 11 May 2010
Yvonne Greene - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cat Whisperer (Hardcover)
It is a good introductory book about cats but wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I wanted something more informative about communicating with cats. There is a brief section on it but not enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 2 Nov 2009
Mrs. M. N. Longmore (Staffordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cat Whisperer (Paperback)
Great little book - lots of interesting facts and proving useful in helping to understand our three !

The Cat Whisperer
The Cat Whisperer by Claire Bessant (Paperback - 22 Nov 2003)
5.59