Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now

on 26 September 2002
A difficult topic examining the sores that remain within South African society as a result of the apartheid experiment which will clearly take at least a generation to heal.
Martin Meredith's detailed knowledge of the country allows him to pull no punches in his assessment of the merits (and failures) of the Truth and Reconcilliation Committee. The actions of all the main protagonists are even-handedly considered and very few survive the book with reputations intact. The cheapness of human life becomes all to apparent and the justification for murder sounds so patently hollow, especially when we now live in a world in which a multi-racial South Africa exist and prospers.
I picked up the book at Cape Town airport as I headed home to London, fearful that its size and subject would result in reliance upon the in-flight movie for entertainment. Instead, I found myself gripped by an easy to read, yet detailed and informative book. I find myself thankful that I picked the book up and slightly disturbed of the knowledge that I now possess of the South Africa which existed during the course of my youth.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again