5.0 out of 5 stars Well, I didn't know that..
Published on 28 Oct 2011 by Mr. Donald P. Davies

2.0 out of 5 stars Beginners? Really?
Published on 27 April 2009 by Icy Sedgwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, I didn't know that.., 28 Oct 2011
Mr. Donald P. Davies "The Boater" (Grand Union Canal UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beginner's Guide to Knitting (Paperback)
I am not a beginner but always wanted a "dictionary" for those little irritating instructions, questions and forgotten skills - I found it. I looked at several books on knitting but found this one to be the most comprehensive, not only in the easy-to-follow instructions, descriptions etc but also in the tips and hints given. I also liked the patterns they gave - and will certainly be knitting some of them. I would recommend this to not only beginners but to anyone who, like me, had a break from knitting and wanted a "refresher" reminder before starting again...

5.0 out of 5 stars Starting Again, 21 Mar 2010
Corina Maich (Dundee Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beginner's Guide to Knitting (Paperback)
Having not knitted anything for 20 years I found it very hard to follow a pattern. This book explains everything in detail and helped me get back on track. Very easy patterns to get you started. Have tried many of the patterns and they are very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction to Knitting, 1 Feb 2005
This review is from: Beginner's Guide to Knitting (Paperback)
This is an excellent guide to get you started with hand knitting. Full of easy to follow photographs and illustrations it introduced me to the joys of knitting.
An excellent book - highly recommended

2.0 out of 5 stars Beginners? Really?, 27 April 2009
Icy Sedgwick "Icy" (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beginner's Guide to Knitting (Paperback)
I wanted to really like this book. I've been searching for a while for the "perfect" knitting book, but I find that they've either got brilliant sections devoted to technique but godawful patterns, or vice versa. I did hope that this one would satisfy both camps, but sadly not. The photos are nice, but sadly not comprehensive enough - I don't want to have to guess how she got from one picture to the other, and her descriptions are as clear as mud. If that weren't bad enough, most of the patterns are for childrens' items...which is useless if you don't have kids of your own, and none of your friends have any. The step-by-step section in which she shows how to put the garment together is very useful, but it's just a shame that she misses out so much other useful information. Probably not that great for beginners - maybe more use if you have a grasp of the fundamentals.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather old fashioned., 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Beginner's Guide to Knitting (Paperback)
Useful tips but not really what I expected. I was disappointed but never sent it back. Will probably give it away as a raffle prize.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Beginner's Guide to Knitting (Paperback)
Good book, although I dont think its for beginners to be honest.
Still a good book but I wouldnt recommend if your a beginner, I had to ask my nan to help me lol

Beginner's Guide to Knitting
Beginner's Guide to Knitting by Alison Dupernex (Paperback - 1 Aug 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01