5.0 out of 5 stars When the rivers run dry
Published on 13 Sep 2007 by Spider Monkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting stuff amongst the hype
I found plenty of interesting material in this book although the somewhat journalistic style (read sound-bite) made me feel the need to verify much of what was said. Most of the things that I checked were accurate. Some viewpoints expressed appeared to be the more extreme of those on the net and I wondered whether they were chosen solely for their shock-factor.
That...
Published on 19 July 2007 by Mr. Daniel J. Bowen

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting stuff amongst the hype, 19 July 2007
This review is from: When The Rivers Run Dry: What Happens When Our Water Runs Out? (Paperback)
That said, overall this is quite a clear laymans guide to a doubtless complex issue and I found a good introduction to a potentially dull topic.
It certainly left me with the desire to know more.

5.0 out of 5 stars When the rivers run dry, 13 Sep 2007
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a clear and concise look at world hydrology and the way water is being (mis)managed in various countries. It is extremely easy to read and has plenty of facts to both shock and amaze you. The state of the worlds water resources is in dire trouble and this book highlights just what has caused these problems and thankfully some possible solutions. After reading many books about oil and the oil peak, this books makes you realise that our anxiety may well be misplaced and unless we can act soon, our future will be a much harder one. Highly recommended read.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rivers, 31 Dec 2013
This I bought for myself, just before the wettest christmas on record!! however the book itself is just as I expected it to be and it suited my needs

5.0 out of 5 stars Honestly written, 31 July 2013
A book to make you think about your own efforts in trying to live a sustainable life.Its not so easy, but awareness is the first step to making good decisions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 9 Jan 2011
Ralph Keeble - See all my reviews
This is a book which puts the unnecessary usage of water into perspective, and highlights the effects that we are having on the planet by not managing this finite resource wisely

5.0 out of 5 stars For best reviews -see the Hardcover version of this book, 1 Aug 2007
E. Lucas (Gibraltar) - See all my reviews
This book is a must read for farmers, politicians and any person interested in getting two decades of research crammed in a single volume of well written and interesting facts about the world's water situation.

It certainly does "make the reader sound intelligent" and as David Bellamy said "is the best travel guide written" Brilliant Mr Pearce, thank you for highlighting this vital topic in such a readable book.

A Must Read!

4.0 out of 5 stars When the Rivers Run Dry, 20 Mar 2011
I was pleased with the book, and its condition, once it finally arrived. I was meant to be using it for a project but by the time it got here I'd already finished and handed it in! I had to remind bookcycle that they were meant to be sending it. Other than that, I have no complaints. The book itself is very informative and makes for any easy read. Lots and lots of detail!

1.0 out of 5 stars When the rivers run dry, 29 Mar 2010
Mr. Gd Entwistle (UK) - See all my reviews
Very poorly writtten and too emotive. All negative and nothing positive to say. I found it tedious and could not finish it. Not my style at all.
I would not recomend it. I accept that the world needs to regard water as a valuable comodity but, in my opinion, the way the book is written is not the way to get the message across.

Regards

Geoffrey Entwistle

When The Rivers Run Dry: What Happens When Our Water Runs Out?
When The Rivers Run Dry: What Happens When Our Water Runs Out? by Fred Pearce (Paperback - 2 April 2007)