Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 September 2008
A wonderful book for both the new and practised meditator. Mike George makes beginning meditation a very simple process removing any confusion (or fustration) about what you may or may not experience during the early days of your practice with very clear and simple instructions both in the book and on CD. In an easy step by step guide the book gradually leads you into deeper medative states whilst opening up your awareness to the original purpose of the soul and it's true state of silence, peacefulness and love. Whilst not religious in content the book is based on the philosophies of the Brauma Kumaris University and for some the 'beliefs' that are taught may not always sit well with your own views or spiritual truths. However, as a mediation course and a guide on developing spiritually and discovering your souls true purpose it is well written, intelligent and overall a wonderful book. The CD is a very useful companion to the book - clear instructions to follow as you go through each meditation plus relaxing music and voice. Highly recommended
on 23 July 2010
If you're thinking of buying this book, then I'd get on and do it! I haven't reviewed a book since The Power of Now in 2001, this is another of those simple, straightforward spiritual works that you can truly rely on. Mike George walks his talk, I attended a workshop of his at Ammerdown to remind myself of what I'd lost touch with over the last few years. I wasn't disappointed, all that he teaches is true. I'd recommend this book along with those of Deepak Chopra and Ekhart Tolle. Just take this book to a quiet place, read, reflect, read again, absorb, but don't try too hard! Its all about relaxing, letting go and simply BEING. I'd say the book is one of the best presents you could give to yourself or another. Thanks, Mike.
on 6 June 2007
I found this book very easy to use. Good for both beginner and more experienced meditators. Its underlining philosophy is not complicated and can be taken onboard by both those of a spiritual background and those of a more religious background without any huge change in beliefs. The CD is very helpful and both the book and CD are well thought out. I would recommend this book highly.
on 23 March 2016
This book is simply written and easy to follow because it is split into sections that you can take week by week and has practical meditations to follow at the end. Theres a cd which is so great with guided meditations that have helped me to see and realise all the mental clutter i hold onto and i have learned to let go through this book.
on 15 June 2009
This book is insightful, simple to follow and infectious. The wisdom within it is powerful, life enhancing and empowering. It is a great gift that is able to aid self understanding to enable the binding together of mind body and soul. Explicit, concise and a real tonic for the mind, body and soul.
Having bought many many books on the subject of meditation, this is the one that has ended my search. Thank you.
on 21 February 2010
Don't be deceived by the title,there is far,far more to be gained from this book than learning about meditation.Of all the books I have read over the years on self development and spirituality this would be close to my number one!!Mike George cuts straight to the core of what life is really about!
on 18 March 2010
This book is something to pick up when you need a reality check. I found it easy to read and understand. It has changed my outlook on life completely. The CD is on my I-pod and I listen to it when I need to wind down.
on 16 December 2014