5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent explanation of attaining Inner Peace
Published on 11 Mar 2004 by BENNETT

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me.
It was not my cup of tea, all pretty obvious stuff really, and the book didn't do anything for me.
Published 13 months ago by Kohl

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent explanation of attaining Inner Peace, 11 Mar 2004
BENNETT (Syracuse, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 7 Ahas of Highly Enlightened Souls: How to Free Yourself from All Forms of Stress (Paperback)
Finding books on Inner Peace, Spirituality, Zen, Taoism or any other topic under that umbrella, is not difficult. However, the majority of those I've read have seemed obtuse, wishy-washy and poorly applicable to me personally. Then I was given The 7 AHA's as a present: suddenly all the other books made sense, as did my own take on the world. Words are only a finger pointing to the moon, but obviously some fingers are more accurate than others, because Mike George makes perfect sense. There is plenty to read here, despite the book's relative shortness, and re-reading it revealed messages that I'd missed the first time around.
Divided into three sections, it first debunks several myths about stress, then sets about telling us what we have to do differently and then HOW to do it. The "AHA!" moments are those epiphanies that make perfect sense, revalations about ourselves and the world that, in this case, should remove all forms of stress, worry and anxiety. I've been recommending this book to anyone who'll take the time to listen, it really is that good.
There are only one or two very minor criticisms I have, due to his apparent conflict with science and my scientific background, but they hardly detract from the underlying messages he brings out. It's rare for someone to understand this stuff, rarer still to teach it, and I've never seen the whole subject approached so concisely and accurately, and entertainingly!
Buy it: if it doesn't apply to you then, as the book says, give it to someone for whom it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enlightening book :-), 17 Nov 2009
(Who knows) "TC" (UK) - See all my reviews
I cannot recommend this book enough. It was suggested to me as a great help book to get certain life issues into perspective.
It was described to me then as a gem of a book. It certainly is a gem.
I have just given my copy to someone who needs it more than me right now, so I'm going to buy another.
The book is written well and clearly presented. Its actually a joy to pick up from time to time and read relevant sections again.
Thanks Mike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend!!, 20 Jan 2009
I loved, loved this book and I have purchased multiple copies as gifts for friends. It is accessable, simple, honest and gives practical ideas on how to gain inner peace. For those who may want a practical and not to airy fairy approach to spirituallity, this is the book for you! For those who are already on the path to enlightment, this is a great reminder of all the things one should know and practise!

5.0 out of 5 stars To the point, 5 Jun 2011
Imelda Duffy "Grace" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I came upon this book while browsing the publisher's website and I'm so glad I did. Mike George is one of a small number of writers and teachers in this field who can deliver a message, providing a clear understanding of the subject.

Thank you, Mr. George!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy, 16 Dec 2008
G. FOSTER (UK) - See all my reviews
If you are thing about buying then book then don't hesitate, it is GREAT. I've been on one of Mike's course (if you get the chance go on one)and the book reflects what he 'teaches', it certainly makes you think about things differently.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 7 Ahas of Highly Enlightened Souls, 31 Jan 2008
Tami Brady "Tami Brady: Transition-Empowermen... (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Self help books are great. They are inspirational and sometimes motivate you to make life changes. Making the changes stick though is often the most difficult part.

The 7 Aha's of Highly Enlightened Souls looks at change in an entirely new way. Normally, we look at change from an active perspective. What can I do to change my life? What steps do I have to take to achieve X? How do I go about getting Y? Essentially, we are looking outside our selves. We are trying to change our environment or another person so that our lives become better.

The 7 Aha's of Highly Enlightened Souls tells us that change isn't about doing it's about being. It states that the only real way to change is to look within and make efforts in self-knowledge and self-understanding. These explorations will lead to true growth and happiness. Most importantly though, this book reminds us that when we fixate and try to push something away, we are giving that situation more power which does the opposite of what we actually intend.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to have a happy life in a nutshell, 27 Mar 2014
Love this book, read it and am re-reading it a few months later again. It's all stuff you know but he's bought it together, given it a name and an explanation to give you food for thought. You'll find bits of it popping into your mind throughout the day...lessons, advice and wisdom that makes you a better person. Thanks Mike x

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 3 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book, 20 May 2013
I read a lot of Osho books and love him tremendously but I sometimes feel as if I've not understood certain points. This book helped me to understand meditation and witnessing a little better than I did. I think Mike George has written an important book here.

5.0 out of 5 stars DEEP, CLEAR & ENCOURAGING, 9 April 2008
Excellent little book !
You can read over & over again & still find some new inspiration.
Promotes very deep thinking about EVERYTHING !
BUY IT & SHARE IT.
Life will never be the same again

3.85