on 31 July 2012
I trust Australian Women's Weekly cookbooks above all others, and this is an excellent cake book, covering all the traditional and modern classics clearly, with good photos and clear instructions. Highly recommended for beginners and experts in need of a reference manual.
on 18 October 2012
This is the best cookbook on cakes that I have held in my hand in the past few years. Everything I have tried to make out of this book has been delicious. The white chocolate mudcake (pictured on the front) is simply devine, and well worth the effort to make.

My stepson loves the one-bowl chocolate cake, as do I. The cheesecake is awesome (although not the best I've ever had) and most of the recipes are easy to follow. Whenever I now say "maybe I'll do some baking this weekend", the rest of the family replies "Greek yogurt cake".

The only thing I've found is that the cooking times aren't always correct. However I think that is more to do with my oven than this book.
on 16 December 2012
I'm glad i bought this cake recipe book. It has great recipies with good pictures of the recipies too. Am looking forward to using a couple of these recipies over the Dec holiday for when family and friends come round.
on 16 June 2010
I now have quite a collection of Austrailian Womens Weekly receipe books and everyone of them is just brilliant ! Fantastic receipe's that turn out and taste great every time.
on 11 March 2013
An excellent book for people who enjoy baking cakes. My daughter and I recommend this book a CLASSIC will be well used
on 13 October 2014
The best cakes book I've had! Thank you. Bought this upon reviews 2 weeks ago and tried the Greek yogurt cake and orange cake.. Both so devine. I'm a new cake maker business and i can see a bright future :)
on 5 December 2013
easy to follow recipes. great pictures and good ideas.
some of the ideas are fab while others are a good basic recipe that may be modified by more advanced cooks
on 23 January 2013
I just love the Australian Women's Weekly collection of books for baking. Easy recipes that are even easier to follow. Great results are obtained every time.
on 11 October 2014
Can't wait to start cooking, this book really inspires you to have a go at all the delicious recipes inside. Would definitely recommend it!
on 3 June 2013
Great book with easy recipes to follow. I have an Australian friend who uses this and recommended it. Really useful