on 13 August 2007
Don't be put off by the price. These small, wonderfully written and beautifully illustrated books are excellent value. I loved them as a child and so does my four year old daughter. They are perfect for children who are just graduating from picture books to proper stories where the balance shifts from image to word. The stories themselves are thoughtful, funny, exciting and have strong values. An excellent companion to the DVD collection of the original TV shows which expands on the stories in the programmes. Marvellous!
on 31 July 2007
I had some of these in the 70s, but they went the way of all things. I didn't expect to see these again, but here they are, lovingly reprinted, with a beautiful hard box to keep them in. They are wonderfully written and illustrated tales. Best read in winter months, when it is cold and dark and blowing a gale outside...
on 20 July 2009
Each book is long enough to be split in half for two bedtime stories, or kept as a long one for an older child. These books have been in constant demand from my two daughters (6 and 3)for several months. I was initially disappointed by the books' small size, but in fact they're just the right size for reading perched on the edge of a bed, and are small enough to fit in a bag or even pocket for emergency story-telling in queues! The pictures are big enough for children to enjoy.

The characters in the stories are individual and charming, and the stories fascinating and deep. I can't wait to take my daughters to the British Museum to see the 'Lewis Chessmen' carved chess pieces which inspired the stories.
on 1 December 2002
Just as much fun now as when I read them as a child. My daughter loves them and no, they don't feel dated - at least not to a five year old! Lovely to see them reprinted.
on 17 July 2013
Have been waiting 40 years to coplete my set, so was real happy to find and recieve these and to find theye are published by the Dragon Friendly Society was brill.
on 4 November 2014
I have brought these as a present for my mum as she has spoken about wanting them a few times. So this is going to be perfect! She is going to love them
on 27 July 2014
the 5th time we have bought this as a christening present, these stories never date and also some of the best Firmin and Postgate you'll find.
on 11 October 2015
Lovely books that transport you back to when life was much gentler and TV was only 3 channels. A little costly but worth it. Great nostalgia
on 12 May 2015
Very pleased. They are going to be loved forever
on 1 March 2016
Timeless books. Wee bit expensive though!!!