5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource

3.0 out of 5 stars use imagination with these
Published on 29 Dec 2009 by Ms. M. Mcfadden

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 20 Jun 2007
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers (Ring-bound)
I purchased these as my child is learning tricky words at school. These have so far been excellent as any words that he is struggling with have been stuck up on the wall at home to aid with recognition. As the previous reviewer mentioned these are large but for us that has been of benefit as he can see them from some distance. He's also had great fun and satisfaction removing them as he has learnt the words. We also used the hat to put in any words which he may need a refresher or is finding particularly hard to remember. For us these have been of huge benefit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tricky word wall flowers, 23 Sep 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers (Ring-bound)
I bought these for my 3 year old who came across tricky words on the jolly phonics DVD, the letters are quite big so they are easy to read for that age. I think these are great fun for children especially if you are teaching at home as we are. Be prepared for a fair amount of wall space being used up as they designed for classroom use. The letters are on thin card so I laminated mine to increase their lifespan (I have a 3 year old and a 19 month old!)The flowers are just too big to get 2 per A5 sheet if you need an idea of the size of the flowers. The flowers come with some ideas on how to use them to teach the tricky words, mostly with classroom in mind but it can be adapted for home use. There is also a big 2D hat which my son was most disappointed would not go on his head like inky mouse's one in the DVD. Oh well you can't please everyone! He does like the tricky word flowers.

3.0 out of 5 stars use imagination with these, 29 Dec 2009
Ms. M. Mcfadden (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers (Ring-bound)
my little boys loves these but I was a bit disappointed that they don't come with the green stem as illustrated.If you want to stick these to a wall you would need to buy a large card, stick this to a wall then stick,with blue-tack, each "flower" to the card and make your own stem.However we just use them as cards and my little boys pretends he is shopping for them and each one he gets rights goes into his shopping trolley.They are good but you need to use your and your child's imagination & interests to make it fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars great classroom resource, 12 Dec 2010
S. Kelly (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers (Ring-bound)
great resource for the classroom. Creates a nice bright colourful display for the children to read as each new word is coloured. The colour coding of the flowers is helpful for the teacher to group them together too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic idea!, 6 Mar 2011
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers (Ring-bound)
My son is in reception and has a set of tricky words sent home every month or so. These flowers have been utterly brilliant at getting him to really enjoy reading and recognizing words. We've currently got three sets blu-tacked to various doors in our house, and we'll say to him "bring me she, they and where" and he's learning so much faster than if he was to sit at the kitchen table with a dull piece of paper.

I don't suppose everyone will need them, but for anyone with a child who likes to "do" rather than "listen" to learn, they're simply invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars jolly phonics, 18 Nov 2010
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers (Ring-bound)
my little girl has one of these in her class at school so purchased one so she could practise her tricky words at home

4.0 out of 5 stars Good teaching resource, 13 Sep 2010
Tuppney (Zaragoza, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers (Ring-bound)
These could be made yourself but this pack enable a good quality resource and less time preparing. They would be better if they came with some self adhesive velcro or something though so that you can display them around the classroom easily. Bright and eye catching good reference to have displayed around the classroom or use as flashcards.

3.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 15 Nov 2009
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers (Ring-bound)
The tricky word flowers are great. I found it very useful when teaching the tricky words at home. My daughter really enjoys learning the new words then adding them to the display. I was however disappointed that the illustration on the packaging is misleading as the display of what the finished wall display looks like clearly shows green stems and leaves linking the words. These are not included. I had to make my own with green card which I cut out and laminated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly Phonics tricky word flower display, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers (Ring-bound)
An excellent timesaver for the class room. Used at home with my own daughter and in a reception class. It creates a colourful display of the tricky words learnt in a good size font. Comes with velcros squares to attach to the tricky word hat or a display wall. Constructed of thin carboard is quite resilient, allthough I did laminate it all prior to use to protect it that bit more, the hat needs an A3 Laminator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers (Ring-bound)
My kitchen wall is covered in these words but they are ideal for my son to see them every day and to say them without realising he is doing his homework!
We play games with them and introduce new words before he has seen them at school, this is great as he has slight speech and language difficulties.
A must for any child starting school, I highly recommend them.

Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers
Jolly Phonics Tricky Word Wall Flowers by Sue Lloyd (Ring-bound - 31 Jan 2002)
Used & New from: 8.84