5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 April 2011
This review is from: Making Waldorf Dolls (Crafts and Family Activities) (Paperback)
When I first bought this book I wasn't too sure after flicking through it and didn't look at it properly until recently. I have found this to be really informative with simple instructions. The pictures are hand drawn and the patterns are full size. There are ten designs from soft to limbed dolls and instructions for a number of different hairstyles.The writer who is a professional doll maker, gives good tips throughout and the patterns include clothes for the dolls. I think this is an excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 12 July 2010
Brilliant book, clear instructions. My only wish is that it was spiral bound so the pages could lay flat as that would leave your hands free when trying to follow the instructions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 April 2011
N. Nickerson - See all my reviews
I haven't done any sewing since I was little but this book is really great for beginners there is nothing complicated. It recommends starting with the first projects but the big dolls are easy enough to make. I have made a lovely jointed doll for my daughter and am in the process of making it a friend. I think the book itself could have been improved, with photos so you could see what you were aiming to achieve and for ideas but overall I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny, 18 Mar 2012
This book is brilliant. Really well written and covers all bases with regards to doll making. As a complete novice I was able to make a pretty cute doll.
The only down side which isn't really a big deal is there are no photographs of doll like inother books. But the illistrations are clear and allow you the use your imagination! Top book.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this!, 30 Oct 2011
all you need to know about making gorgeous little dolls is right here in this book!
easy clear instructions, patterns for dolls and for the clothes too.
highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Make your own dolls, 13 Oct 2011
This book's got good, simple explanations with lost of different doll patterns, it's a shame that the book has poor illustrations in black and white, but with a little imagination the book is a good guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waldorf dolls 2, 1 Oct 2011
Anne Studsgaard "annestuds" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
"Waldorf dukker". Very fine book. It was delivered very quick and was in good condision. I nearly cant wait to make this beutifull dolls

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know about making waldorf dolls, 23 Aug 2013
I have never done any sewing or made any dolls before, but when I saw a waldorf doll online I knew that I wanted to make one for my kids.
I have just finished my full size doll and it looks great. I have started with a tiny baby and an angel doll to practice my sewing skill.
This book has all the information to make any size and type waldorf doll. Instructions are detailed and well written. There are full size patterns for different sized dolls and all kinds of dolls clothes. The instructions for making doll's hair are the best ones you would find. There are some free instructions you can find online for making waldorf dolls, but none of them would compare to this book. As someone mentioned before there are no photographs in the book, but if you are interested in waldorf dolls there are more than plenty online.
I will upload my doll's pictures to help you see what kind of doll you can make if you follow instructions.
This book is worth every penny and is essential for any beginner waldorf doll maker.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this book!!, 21 Sep 2011
R. Davidson (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've had this almost a year and have made sooo much out of it! I've made 12" dolls, tiny dolls, and loads in between. I've also made clothes and am currently making some more. This book is totally worth the money. The patterns are pretty simple and easy. Whenever it's a little girl's birthday I make one of the little dolls in here out of un-needed baby clothes. I love it! If you have little girls, you need to make them all these dolls!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, 9 April 2014
A good book fo beginners, with doll body patterns and clothing.
Also good as a general resource book even for dollmakers who have experience.

Making Waldorf Dolls (Crafts and Family Activities)
Making Waldorf Dolls (Crafts and Family Activities) by M Sealy (Paperback - 25 May 2005)
14.99