5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing resource, 20 Oct 2009
This review is from: Tracing Your Ancestors in the National Archives: The Website and Beyond (Paperback)
Much more than I expected. TNA had been a complete mystery before - I now feel that I know where and how to start. The detail is simply amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are serious about genealogy ..., 18 May 2012
JA ASHFORTH (Johannesburg, South Africa) - See all my reviews
Excellent book. It is fair to call it the Bible of the National Archives (TNA) research for a family historian. It is even useful in terms of providing information about sources outside the scope of the TNA. It forms a most fine companion to Herber's masterpiece: Ancestral Trails: The Complete Guide to British Genealogy and Family History.

4.0 out of 5 stars National archive help, 22 Sep 2010
This book is a mine of information about what the National Archives contain and how to access records related to family history. I haven't really had the chance to explore it fully yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genealogy, 26 April 2013
Anyone with interest in genealogy especially if they are visiting the National Archives at Kew. But this is a book which gives information on a host of subjects and is to dip into at any time for reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're into, 8 Feb 2009
I. Hart - See all my reviews
a riveting storyline, then this is not the book for you (unless you have some very colourful ancestors of course); neither was it for me. I couldn't figure out the plot line...so I gave it to one of my nieces, who is/was trying to do a family tree.
I don't know whether she enjoyed it or not, but I'll wait & see if she eventually tells me that I'm related to the King of Bavaria (the mad one).
For those who dislike my tongue in cheek style of review: it was bought as a present for my niece, & not for my own use.

Tracing Your Ancestors in the National Archives: The Website and Beyond