Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 January 2003
this is a really, really good book on houses.
it starts off with a shortish section on the maths and astronomy of the houses etc (which fortunately isn't really necessary to understand the rest of the book), and then a chapter on each house follows. next, a look at each sign and planet through the houses, for example 'mars and aries through the houses'. in each of these sections one to three pages are devoted to each placement, e.g. 'neptune in the first', '..second', '...third.'etc.
everything you may want to know about houses is included, and the book would be great for someone who wanted to dip in, maybe for a look at their own chart or a friend's (if they already had it done), or for a professional. however it isn't for you if you want newspaper-style 'astrology' (and a pity if you do!).
because of its division into sections, it's perfect for a quick read when time is short, or a more lengthy one.
on 7 January 2003
this is a very good, genuine book, and if there is a thirst for depth it shall be satisfied! the author covers mathematical and astronomical bits (which i skimmed...), but the main portion of the book is a lengthy description of each house, followed by each planet through the houses (chapter title eg: Mars and aries through the houses). a very good investment, and easy to dip into or read for hours.
on 5 August 2010
I've actually only read two pages of this book, but based on that alone, I would recommend it to anybody. I wanted to find out some information about Saturn in the 10th house and this book was totally spot on. This really doesn't surprise me at all as I've had his other book "Gods Of Change" for years and my copy is in absolute tatters from the number of times I've referred to it. I would thoroughly recommend that book as well to anybody who is interested in astrology and the transit of the outer planets, because it is an absolute classic. I understand that sadly Howard Sasportas died some years ago which I think is a great loss. His writing style and the sheer volume of brilliant information he gives reads like a veritable encyclopedia on astrology.
on 15 March 2013
Written with clarity and economy of words, the psychological background of Sasportas is precious. He has brought a wealth of personal professional experience gained as a therapist and astrologist to the study of planets and signs in the houses of the personal chart. I personally obtained extraordinary and clear insights. In relating the information to my personal birth chart my awareness of how things have been working out in my life has grown. I came to a greater understanding and compassion for myself and consequently of others. I highly recommend this book.
on 21 October 2015
I bought this book years ago so know it well and bought this copy because my old copy had literally fallen apart. If you are interested in astrology, whether seriously or just as a hobby, it is a very comprehensive insight into how it works, the myths behind it and the rules that govern it. It has been updated to include the latest thinking, is well set out and well written, and follows a logical system of chapters and sub-headings. It is professionally edited and produced of course so no typos or clunky prose. It is expensive and looking back at how much I paid for my old copy, its interesting to see how inflation has increased the price however, if you really want to increase your knowledge about astrology, this is just the sort of in-depth yet accessible book you need for your library.
on 29 October 2015
Great introduction for me into the world of Astrology. I recently began studying my own birth chart and needed some more information on the subject. I had a thorough understanding of Sun signs but knew nothing of Houses. I was surprised to discover the importance of houses and how they map your life, but it is paramount to know the exact time of your birth (or as close as possible) as this is the key to your life's mystery. The Twelve Houses really creates a strong foundational knowledge of the planets, signs and houses and their respective hierarchy in their placements. The book doesn't go into aspects in depth but touches on possible multi-planetary influences. Aspects is however necessary in developing ones understanding of Astrology further. Aspects In Astrology: A Comprehensive Guide To Interpretation by Sue Tompkins is a great accompanying work to this book.
on 3 June 2013
I feel I've learned a lot from this book, but did not realise it was for quite serious astrologers. I now see now what a big and complex subject astrology actually is! I've read several other books over the past few years and thought I had a bit of a grasp of the basics, but can now see there's loads more to learn. I'm glad I've got a better understanding of houses now, but think I'll need to re-read this (and other books) to really get to grips with the deeper concepts here.
on 9 January 2014
A very interesting and valuable psychological approach for a very contradictory subject. Very enlighting book. A must have for an open minded student of astrology.
on 1 July 2012
Extremely useful and knowledgable. Very well written and the most important aspect is that, IT IS ACCURATE. I am very pleased with my purchase.
on 6 January 2013
My daughter loved the TheTwelve Houses Book, exactly what she wanted for Christmas, picked it up and read it as soon as she was given it. Excellent A***** Service By Amazon Thank you.