5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for massage beginners
This textbook not only helped me to pass my exam but also gave me a good grounding in massage technique. Using the step by step guide and the included video of a sample massage routine, I was able to watch and practice at home giving me more confidence when it came to my case study work. If your serious about getting qualified get this book.
Published on 30 Jun. 2009 by A Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I'd expected
The most annoying thing about this book is that my edition (revised Jan 2010) has an index that was for the previous book and therefore if you look up anything in the index its not on the page its supposed to be - annoying to say the least.
Published on 15 May 2012 by A. Blackwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for massage beginners, 30 Jun. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Introductory Guide to Massage, 28 Oct. 2009
This review is from: An Introductory Guide to Massage (Paperback)
Excellent book and is very relevant to the ITEC Diploma in Massage which I am currently studying. The book also arrived very promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars An introductory guide to massage, 8 Nov. 2009
Joseph N. Brolly (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Introductory Guide to Massage (Paperback)
This book shows visual pictures of the different massage moves ie effleurage etc. which enhances the learning, remembering and recall of them. It is comprehensive but teaches in simple terms that is easy to understand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I'd expected, 15 May 2012
A. Blackwell "Dolly R" (Newcastle) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Introductory Guide to Massage (Paperback)
I think you'll learn more from your tutor. There are a few bits worth reading but unlike A & P this is an expensive book for the information given. I'd get a 2nd hand copy of one of the other students!

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have for anyone doing ITEC course, 18 July 2011
This review is from: An Introductory Guide to Massage (Paperback)
I got the book for ITEC course I'm doing and it is perfect for the class & course work. Good references and easy to follow. It concentrates on holistic massage and just about touches on infant and sports massage. I'm sure to delve more into that area you would need another book, but thats not what this book is for anyway.
The only problem I found was the index is WRONG, this is an updated version of the previous text book and they never changed the index, which is a pain when looking up stuff.
So be aware when the tutors calling out page numbers and you can't find what you're looking for, its not you, its the book!!

2.0 out of 5 stars The anatomy and physiology book by Louise Tucker is very useful (minus a few mistakes in there) but this book ..., 16 Oct. 2014
This review is from: An Introductory Guide to Massage (Paperback)
If you are studying ITEC holistic massage diploma, save your money and don't bother buying this book. The anatomy and physiology book by Louise Tucker is very useful (minus a few mistakes in there) but this book did not get used once in my training.

4.0 out of 5 stars massage instruction, 20 Dec. 2011
This review is from: An Introductory Guide to Massage (Paperback)
Even though this book had already been recommended I'm very happy with it's content, it has exactly what I need for my course. The condition is perfect, was a good price and the delivery was swift. Enough said

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 19 Oct. 2012
This review is from: An Introductory Guide to Massage (Paperback)
There are contradictions throughout. The index bears no relevance to anything. Nice pictures but the rest is rubbish. A shame for ITEC students and whoever was in charge of most recent edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Course book, 21 Jun. 2011
This review is from: An Introductory Guide to Massage (Paperback)
This is one of the course books I need for my ITEC massage course and it is very easy to read and follow. The proof, of course, will be if I've absorbed enough to pass my exam!

3.0 out of 5 stars Only bought this book because teacher told me and the ..., 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: An Introductory Guide to Massage (Paperback)
Only bought this book because teacher told me and the other students we had to. It's ok, but in fairness, we didn't really use it...all comes to practicing more than reading...

An Introductory Guide to Massage
An Introductory Guide to Massage by Louise Tucker (Paperback - 8 Dec. 2008)
Used & New from: £0.15