on 10 May 2003
This book offers an introductory overview of anatomy and physiology as it applies to the trainee massage therapist.
it gets rid of all the scientific jargon and presents a very basic and clear idea of how everything is connected and how it all works. However be warned, it is very light on the Pathology side. still for a new-comer to the subject this is a very useful book.
on 14 May 2002
This is one of the most useful birthday gifts I have ever received. As an 'almost qualified' massage therapist, I wish I had purchased this book at the start of the course - it has everything you need to know and more - very well laid out, clear and concise information throughout. I was so impressed with it, I even showed it to my instructor who was also extremely impressed and is even now trying to get her college to purchase this book for future courses.
on 22 February 2007
As a student of Darien Pritchard I did initially think "oh hes just making us buy his book" but turns out its the book I've used most throughout my degree, its helped me pass 2 anatomy and physiology exams and I'm using it for my dissertation as well. Worth it if you are going to do massage or even reflexology as you can use it to look at how the body systems work.
on 14 May 2002
This is one of the most useful birthday gifts I have ever received, as a almost qualified massage therpist I wish I had had this book at the start of the course, it has everything you kneed to know and more, very well laid out, clear and concise information throughout. I was so impressed withit I even showed it to my Instructress who was also equaly impressed and is even now trying to get her collage to purchase this book for future courses.
D. J. Meachin
on 18 June 2009
Su Fox has produced a well laid out and illustrated book. It follows the body, muscular and skelatal systems in a systamatic fashion allowing the reader to truely comprehend and grasp the complexities of anatomy, physiology and pathology in a very simplistic way. I consider it an excellent academic book for first year medical degree student as well as Sports Injury Therapists. Highly recommended.This book is a must
on 29 January 2014
I chose this book as it covers in a bit more detail than I require the basis of my Swedish massage course. It is clear and concise and an easy study guide
on 27 August 2010
Just what I need for anatomy and physiology to get me to my NVQ level 3 in massage therapy. I'm confident it will be useful beyond that as well.
on 28 April 2014
Thorough explanation, great detail in the pictures showing each individual muscles. I have also bought Dariens book Dynamic Bodyuse for Effective, Strain-Free Massage. Looking forward to reading that too.
on 22 April 2014
An accessible and easy to understand book on what is a complex subject. Ideal for beginners to massage or other therapies needing anatomy and physiology knowledge. .
on 10 June 2014
What a great book!!! it give real insight into how the body works and how it could be useful for all Therapist.