Format: Hardcover|Change

on 20 November 2008
This is a great little set, the mobile seems cheap and tacky especially if you've forked out loads on the nice coulourful ones but that doesn't seem to bother baby, she loves it. Don't get me wrong she doesn't laugh and smile at it but we've placed it over the changing table and sometimes she will not settle when changing but now as soon as she's under it she's transfixed. it's lovely just to watch her entranced with it!
The books are great as well, 4 of them and each one becomes a little more detailed. Again she will stop all wriggling and whining when faced with the pages of this book, I look forward to when she can actually vocalise and show her reactions that way.
Do not be put off by the fact it's all black and white, it may seem poor to us but to baby it's a wonder!
on 25 July 2008
I recently purchased this set and I am extremely happy with it. My baby is only 6 weeks old but he responds really well to the pictures in the books and to the mobile. The 4 books contain simple shapes and faces that are either white on black or black on white and the mobile is very easy to put together - I have actually hung the mobile parts off the arches on the baby gym so that he can look at them whilst he plays.
The books could also be used as flash cards when he gets older with the name of the shape or object written underneath.
This item was a really good price too.
on 31 July 2010
I purchased this product for my four month old baby. I wasn't sure whether to buy this as I understood that newborns were responsive to black and white but wasn't sure whether a four month baby would be. I found that my baby was not so responsive to books 1 & 2 but very responsive to books 3 & 4. My baby responds to the pictures for some period of time. The mobile that is provided is very good but you have to figure out a hanging mechanism for the mobile to be used ie you are given the string and the moible objects but you have to decide how to hang it for your baby. All in all I think the four books and the mobile are very good value for money. I was motivated to buy this as I understand that black and white is a good stimulus for babies. I would recommend this product.
on 4 December 2012
To an adult eye, the mobile is fairly boring and not the best quality, but my 8 week old absolutely adores it! She ignores all other better quality toys/mobiles (not that this is terrible - it's just cardboard), but loves this one. She will lie in her crib 'talking' to it, laughing and smiling away, and even when she wakes at night, I'll just find her awake gurgling transfixed by it, I think it makes her forget to cry. It seems she currently holds it in higher esteem than either mum or dad! Books are good too, but the mobile definitely is the best, thoroughly recommended!
We're very keen on this. It's too early to tell whether it's having any profound effect but our six-week-old will stare up at the mobile from a metre or so away and seems captivated by it. In fact I've been known to stare at it a little longer than necessary too. It does look a little cheap and tacky (compared to mobiles that can cost four times as much) and it's a shame it is heavily branded with a web site address on it but in principle it's great.

The 'books' are good too, just four simple books of a few pages each containing black and white shapes, ranging from the simplest shapes possible in book one through to more complicated patterns in book four. The strange see-through and semi-transparent pages in the later books seem odd but maybe we'll work out the appeal of those later. Our baby seems less interested in these at the moment but that may change over time.

It seems to me there's a lot of validity in the power of black-and-white images to young babies and this is a really nice cheap collection of different ways to test that out with your baby.
on 16 August 2011
Our baby is two weeks old and we have started using the books! To see her reaction is fantastic, it settles her and when you change the pages her facial expressions and eyes react and it is obvious that the images stimulate her. I cannot recommend this product highly enough!
on 26 July 2010
I found this pack on Amazon whilst searching for a mobile that was suitable for using with a moses basket (most are too heavy or won't attach). This pack ended my long and fruitless search. The mobile is attached to the ceiling (ours is attached to the ceiling by the string provided via a drawing pin) so no worries about attaching it to the basket and my son absolutely loves it. It was a big hit from the first viewing!

The four books in the pack are also very good. It appears to me that the intention is that you progress from book 1 to 4 as your babies eyesight develops but I think they are all good for entertaining a bored baby whatever their age!
on 18 December 2009
I first saw the mobile in the health centre when I was weighing the baby. My little one was captivated by it, and so I got my own. I would say that it's the best toy/entertainment that I've bought for him - his reaction to it is just spooky - it amuses him for hours! The books are great too, and he loves staring at the shapes. I can't recommend the set, particularly the mobile enough. My son is 3 months old. We've had the set since he was about 8 weeks, and he still hasn't got the slightest bit bored of it. It would be brilliant gift for a new mum - I wish I'd known about it earlier.
on 23 November 2012
This products is ok but nothing special. I have since bought other black and white books and they have been more of a success with baby. I bought this after reading the reviews and the books have held his attention for a while, but I do prefer the books tha make a crackle noise as be seems to love this. The mobile is flimsy, I was expecting this from other reviews, but he's not been hugely interested in it!
on 16 March 2015
Really didn't like this. Cheap-feeling material and very simple design and shapes in the books (like faces drawn with a thick marker). You should draw circles and triangles and faces yourself and show to your baby.
The mobile is also of cheap material and you need to own a separate hanger to hang it.
Don't waste your money, buy something else or better yet make something yourself.