on 5 October 2001
I highly recommend this Macrobiotic cookbook, it is full of recipes and tips which I have found really useful as a beginner on the Macrobiotic road. The pages are nicely presented, easy to understand and include pictures.There are also short descriptions of different ingredients in this book. The recipes include soups, main meals, extras, breakfasts, teas and desserts. A Definite must for beginners and a good book for everyone.
on 30 June 2001
The Karma Cookbook is jammed pack of delicious recipes that all look very eatable, the recipes are nothing too unusual (or too packed with lentils as you may suspect) and although there is a heavy Japanese bias there are lots of yummy soups, pasta, salads and sweet yet healthier deserts. One word of caution though some of the ingredients may be a little difficult to get hold of in some areas e.g. daikon, wakame and wasabi.
on 8 December 2006
I really really love this book!

I have about 15 Macro books and this is the one I keep coming back to!

It is different in that it is not mind boggling with lots of detail, it gives you helpful hints and tips. Boy George is great with his inspiring story...BOy if you read this please make another book! The Macro Community needs it!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
on 6 February 2012
I love this book, it has so many interesting recipe's, and it makes healthy eating a darn sight more interesting! The book itself is very attractive, with colour & pictures and little annotations by both George and Dragana on many of the pages. A lot of the dishes are Japanese, as it is the main origin of macrobiotic cooking. The section on soups is brilliant, there are many I wish to try. While some things take some time to prepare, others do not, so something even for the busier life styles.
My little word of warning being, many of the recipe's involve more exotic ingredients which can be difficult to source in some supermarkets, so perhaps take this into account, luckily I'm walking distance from places that stock them, and having tried several of the recipe's already, I highly recommend the effort(you won't regret it)!
Overall splendid book~
on 30 January 2016
If you're into macrobiotic, vegan or just healthy, tasty cooking, then you really need to buy this cookbook. Every single recipe, in my opinion, is a winner. Recipes are easy to prepare but very tasty. I have dozens of cookbooks but this one manages to stand out from the rest.
on 6 May 2014
This is the strangest cook book you will ever purchase I am not sure the recipies contained within the book you could actually survive on. Its more like detoxing.
on 17 September 2014
Not as in depth as I thought, quite easy / obvious recipes.
on 26 June 2001
Very tasty recipes and a colourful delight, it show that macrobiotic cooking can be tasty and good looking.
on 1 January 2015