5.0 out of 5 stars So many pretty things, I didn't know where to start
Knitted my friend the wrap from this. I hate mohair, so it says a lot about the design that I was persuaded to do it. Absolutely lovely delicate patterns.
Published on 17 Aug 2010 by Ms. M. Arthur

3.0 out of 5 stars Some gems, some sadly dated patterns
[Please note this review is originally from the paperback. I've added some pictures to the 'customer photos' section on the paperback so you get more of an idea what's inside!]

Published 21 months ago by beccalikesbooks

3.0 out of 5 stars Some gems, some sadly dated patterns, 24 Sep 2012
beccalikesbooks (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Loop Pretty Knits (Hardcover)

I bought this book second-hand - it was an ex-library copy, and unfortunately I can see why it was withdrawn. A lot of the patterns (mostly the clothing) are disappointingly frumpy/over-fussy, and dated - a beaded camisole (very 90s), a ruffle dress that looks a bit like someone's vomited over it, a fringed jumper, a peter-pan-collar-style neckwarmer that looks like it's been made out of fuzzy felt, a horrible bag made of what looks like scrunched-up ribbon, and some ugly shawls.

However, there are some really lovely patterns in here too, that deserve not to be overlooked. It is the accessories and homeware knits that stand out:

- The 'Anisette' wrap, a lovely delicate lace shawl made of Rowan Kidsilk Haze, by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes
- Three different flower corsages by Claire Montgomerie
- A simple and chic Flower Bolster Cushion by Catherine Tough
- Lace Ruffle Bed Socks by Leslie Scanlon
- Flower Posy Throw by Nicki Trench (a lovely blanket / bedspread decorated with 3D flowers and leaves, which could be added to all sorts of things)
- Lavender Heart (heartshaped lavender 'bag' with ribbon to hang in wardrobe)

Special marks also to the Cupcake Tea Cosy by Donna Wilson and Pauline Hornsby, complete with rainbow spinkles on the frosting! Really fun and cute.

The book is definitely worth a look for these patterns, and I'm really excited about Susan Cropper's next book, JuJu's Knits, which looks a bit more up-to-date and chic.

5.0 out of 5 stars So many pretty things, I didn't know where to start, 17 Aug 2010
Ms. M. Arthur "rena" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Loop Pretty Knits (Hardcover)

Loop Pretty Knits
Loop Pretty Knits by Susan Cropper (Hardcover - 1 Sep 2007)
Used & New from: 1.71