on 17 January 2009
This book is fantastic; for beginner jewellery makers & also those more advanced. Filled with beautiful pictures and easy to follow instructions throughout. This book is a must for anyone wanting to create beautiful, unique pieces using crystal, beads, gemstones, glass, acrylic, wood, fabric and metal. It covers making bracelets, earrings necklaces, rings and trinkets.

The book gives you basic materials and instructions needed to get you started jewellery making, and gives you a low down on exactly what items and sizes needed to create the 30 step by step projects and at the end of the book gives you a suppliers list of where the items can be located; and it is a nice change to see that it's UK website addresses!

I cannot recommend this book enough!
on 4 November 2009
I bought this book, along with 'Jewellery Making: A Complete Course for Beginners' by Jinks McGrath, as I wanted to start making my own jewellery, and both books had great reviews. This one is much the best for my needs - doesn't assume any prior knowledge; a step-by-step guide to making various pieces; lots of ideas that I will adapt to suit me. There's a section on sourcing various tools and beads too. All in all, a good buy.
on 29 May 2010
I bought this book having been to a few of the Claire Aristides jewellery classes, which are really creative and innovative, so I was disappointed to find that the book is pretty much standard jewellery rather than the different products that I was hoping for.
However, it has a nice look and feel to it, gives good explanations of techniques and references some really good places to buy jewellery supplies - it would make a good present for someone, and is still better than some of the other, more old fashioned, jewellery books on the market.
on 13 June 2009
this book is beautiful and has some stunning inspiration for all jewlery makes alike, altho i did find the step by step guids alittle hard to follow compared to some other books i have bought. but this is well worth the money and in hope that she brings another book out.
on 12 January 2012
What a brilliant book, the author has taken the time to photograph the instructions and give all the items needed to make these lovely jewellery pieces, the introduction of what is needed in starting jewellery making is written well, if you have only just started this addictive hobby, please buy this book as you would'nt regret it.
on 28 January 2010
I had this book for Christmas and although I do kind of like it, I am a little disapointed (as it had rave reviews) as it seems to be a book to look at periodically rather than absolutely want to make all the items. I didn't think it was particularly good value for money as there are not that many projects. The title is alluring but the content sadly does not compare with many other books I have in my collection. I much prefer books by Linda Jones or Sharilyn Miller.
on 23 March 2014
Although the book was an ex-library book, it arrived in good condition with most of the damage being contained to the front and back cover.

Appropriate packaging enabled safe delivery and it arrived on time. I would use this seller again.
on 4 January 2009
This book is worth buying if you are a jewellery designer, and need inspiration and some ideas to try out.
Easy to follow.
on 20 August 2014
Excellent book for a couple of ££'s. nothing wrong with buying new/used from alternative traders.