4.0 out of 5 stars The real Mike Doyle, 20 Aug. 2006
K. McGowan (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This book was a gift from my son. He knows well my life long support of Man City and the fact I saw the team of the golden era play in the late 60's early 70's standing on the Kippax.I never met him personally, but like the rest of the fans on the terracing, I owned him, he was mine, he belonged to my club, he sat amongst the gods of this world. He couldn't do any wrong.

Mike Doyle was City through and through. Cut him and he would bleed sky blue. His hatred for the Reds is often documented, and sometimes it has come back to bite him in the bum in a big way,but still, who cares, he epitomises a life long love of City.

He speaks, warts and all, about his playing days and his close friends at the club he idolised.His efforts to get to his debut in the first team away at Cardiff reads like a BBC Sitcom of the 60's.

He tells some humerous stories from behind the scenes,and slates a few well known players who pulled on the sky blue jersey, but then, that's Mike Doyle.

He is open and candid enough to admit his faults. He is brave enough to show the world that when not playing in front of his beloved fans he was and is an ordinary guy, with human frailties, like all of us.

He knows where he went wrong and is candid about his battle with alcohol. Read and enjoy Mikes story, it's written in plain language, pulling no punches, making you laugh, and sometimes wanting to cry.He is to be commended for his honesty.

5.0 out of 5 stars BLUE BLOOD FROM REDDISH, 9 July 2011
This review is from: Blue Blood: The Mike Doyle Story (Hardcover)
The perfect hard-backed copy arrived in no time with the undisclosed bonus of Mike's signature inside. The real sad thing is that Mike died just a week after I had finished reading his story (and I had a question for him) so the book is now hallowed. I live in Reddish Stockport and it turns out that Mike was from here, a True Blue from Reddish and a real man. His story was enthralling for me; he pulled no punches in some assassinations of character including his own but reaped praise where due. It's a real insight into the heady days of football particularly in and around Manchester and a must for any football fan regardless of persuasion.

5.0 out of 5 stars he never stood any crap, from any one, 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Blue Blood: The Mike Doyle Story (Hardcover)
Mike Doyle Story. What a player he was one you would have on your team sheet every week with out fail, a man who would get the job done on the pitch at all costs no holds barred, he never stood any crap, from any one. I remember years ago my Brother and I went to the British Open, at St. Andrews, and on the Slazenger Golf Glove Stand was one Mike Doyle, selling and promoting the gloves, my brother and I recognized him, and my brother being a mad City fan spoke to him, and Mike's response was "F***, I was hoping no one would no me", problem is when you are famous as Mike Doyle, you will never ever be forgotten. Mike sure was a one of and this book pull's know punches. A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 14 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Blue Blood: The Mike Doyle Story (Hardcover)
I read "Blue Blood - The Mike Doyle Story" last week and it is one of the best books I have ever read. Very funny in parts, rather candid in others - a great book for football fans. Being a City fan, I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Condition, 10 Jan. 2010
Mrs. D. Y. Stewart (Portsmouth, England) - See all my reviews
This book was despatched very quickly,and was sent in excellent condition.I would purchase again from this seller. A1 service

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 29 Mar. 2004
This review is from: Blue Blood: The Mike Doyle Story (Hardcover)
A very honest view of how Mike saw it. Contains some funny stories of what it was like to be footballer of his day. CTID.

Blue Blood: The Mike Doyle Story
Blue Blood: The Mike Doyle Story by David Clayton (Hardcover - 8 Nov. 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01