5.0 out of 5 stars at last- excellent wood fired cookbook
Published on 18 May 2012 by LB

3.0 out of 5 stars It's another cookbook
It's OK, but, giving recipes with a specific temperature i.e. 180c for use in a wood burning oven I find a bit strange, because my wood burning oven doesn't have a thermostat that will regulate it to that temperature for a set time. I find one log doesn't burn the same as the last the next.
Good recipe ideas, but, I will stick to "when its browns it done, when...
Published 10 months ago by Paul Lancaster

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars at last- excellent wood fired cookbook, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook (Hardcover)
I recently attended the Manna from Devon cooking school, and found it a useful and very enjoyable way to improve my cooking. Their bread and brownies are some of the best Ive ever tried. At last Dave & Holly have put their experience into a book, which I pre-ordered and arrived recently. The photography is excellent, and the range and variety of recipes very helpful. Its about time a really good book on wood fired oven cooking arrived. Next step, build our own oven so we can try to produce everything in the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great recipe book for woodburner oven users, 16 Nov 2012
This review is from: Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook (Hardcover)
A very comprehensive book for beginner or serious wood burning oven users. I liked the clear guidance on how to manage a woodburner and when to cook each dish as the oven goes through the stages of fireing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook (Hardcover)
Very well illustrated and easy to follow recipes. Mouth watering - can't wait to be able to start cooking outdoors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This Book !, 9 Jun 2012
This review is from: Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook (Hardcover)
I bought this book recently at the Dartington Food Fair, directly from Holly and David, who were promoting their excellent Manna From Devon cookery classes and giving hands-on pizza making demonstrations. My 8 year old daughter had a wonderful time with david making and baking her own pizza, in their brilliant portable wood-fired oven, while I browsed this book asking Holly questions and enjoying her contagious enthusiasm for what she does. The book is beautifully well written, full of enticing recipes and gorgeous photos covering a wide range of meals from pizzas to meat, bread and even cakes - it is a great read, but what I am really looking forward to is baking my way through it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Plant pot loaf, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook (Hardcover)
it Was bought as a present but had a quick sneaky look good recipes especially the plant pot loaf x

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook (Hardcover)
This book is fantastic. I built my own wood burning oven (I wrote my own kindle book about the build process which is titled How To Make A Pizza Oven) but I was unsure of how to cook in it so this book was just what I was looking for. It has wonderful photos and very detailed explanations for all of the recipes. There is a good section in the book that explains how to control the heat of the oven which has been useful. If you have a wood burning oven then this book is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars a comprehensive book, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook (Hardcover)
The book is just what I wanted. Excellent recipes, lots of colour plates and advice for the use of a wood fired oven

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious dishes, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook (Hardcover)
really well informed advice and lovely looking food, cannot wait to get started, but it is my husband who will cook because I have MS and am likely to burn everything!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational cook book, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook (Hardcover)
My husband dropped a big hint for his birthday, as we have a wood fired pizza oven outdoors. It is perfect, simple with great photos. Looking forward to using it soon. Prompt service from seller - would buy from again. .

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook (Hardcover)
For my Dad for Xmas as he just invested in a wood fire oven. Really good ideas and I hope he likes it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook
Wood-Fired Oven Cookbook by David Jones (Hardcover - 27 April 2012)
9.99