Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 January 2016
Checkers is an awesome book. The story, plot, and twists were intriguing and very engaging, pulling me through the novel to a climactic and sensational end where the unexpected win. I am an author myself and I can not tell you how much thought and concentration must have went into the detail of this story, it was as if I was watching it on the big screen. Absolutely phenomenal! Good job guys this is a hidden gem in a sea of books.
on 4 October 2003
Ecellent! Okay, I'm not a big fan of crime novels but this book was good because it used all the traditional crime themes in a realistic way rather than just cliches. Reading this book is going to be a shock for the kind of people who think crime is somehow glamerous, the diamonds that the two gangs are pursuing are the only sparkley thing you'll find in these pages. It's a multiauthor and I was a bit worried that I'd see the joins in the writing, but no fears there as it was seamless. Oh, and you know those trite blurbs that say "I couldn't put it down"? Well I pretty much couldn't put it down, sorry!
on 9 September 2003
A very well written book. Very brutal and violent, portraying to the provincial city dweller like me a side of london i thought i knew about. This book is like a train, with momentum being built up throughout the book, with the ending like a 'runaway freight train'. I really liked this book, if you like books of this genre then i would highly recommend it!!!!
on 16 July 2015