5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny
Published on 19 Sep 2011 by Sweet Tooth

3.0 out of 5 stars small booklett
this is a small thin book i was suprised at size.i havent made any thing yet and must admit this book did not inspire me a wine making novice.
Published 12 months ago by coco

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, 19 Sep 2011
This review is from: Favourite Country Wines and Cordials (Paperback)
Very happy with my purchase, have already made several of the recipes, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. There's one or two recipes that I know I'll never make but the book was so cheap I'm not bothered by that. Have also adapted a couple of the recipes to suit in both liqueurs and cordials. For instance, I made the sloe gin recipe up then as per the advice of a friend who's already done it, used the same recipe to make a damson gin. I've also got Redcurrant Shrub (Liqueur), Raspberry Liqueur, Ginger Beer on the go and all sorts of fruit cordials made from elderberries, damsons, blackberries etc bottled and stored. All you need is imagination and a plentiful supply of wild fruits. Luckily, where I live there are so many available my only problem is finding the time between heavy showers and housework at the weekends to pick them. This is my first ever attempt at making homemade cordials, liqueurs and beers and I'm totally hooked already, I can see me doing this every year from now on. It's so easy and I only wished I'd done this years ago. Buy the book, you won't be sorry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 12 Oct 2009
Carol-Ann Hodgson (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Favourite Country Wines and Cordials (Paperback)
Lovely collection of 33 wine & cordial recipes.

Apple Wine
Strawberry Ratafia
Strawberry Wine, Simple
Treacle Ale
Walnut Wine

No photos of any finished dish, so not one for cooks that require photos for guidence/inspiration.

There are a few recipes in this book that are duplicated in others of this range, but overall a nice collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars exceptional value for money, 2 Feb 2009
Mrs. D. L. Fowler (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Favourite Country Wines and Cordials (Paperback)
I have purchased several favorite recipe books and have been thrilled with them all.Country wines and cordial is filled with all the old recipes that time seems to have forgot.All are flavourful and the recipes are easy to follow.I have my favourites, Blackberry Syrup. I use this one especially when I get a tickly cough and yes folks it really work.I would pay ten times the amount asked and still think I had a bargin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great liitle pamphlet, 26 Nov 2013
MPA CRAY - See all my reviews
This review is from: Favourite Country Wines and Cordials (Paperback)
This gets 4 stars because it is a simple effective little pamphlet that provides simple effective recipes in plain English. For those wishing to make use of hedgerow produce and to make some old world treats, then this is all you need. I was delighted to find the same book my father had owned many years ago. It's still relevant and the recipes work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming... and tasty, 12 Dec 2011
marcoscu "marcoscu" (Chorley,UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Favourite Country Wines and Cordials (Paperback)
This delightful little booklet - for that is what it is - showcases a small collection of delicious recipes for cordials,wines, and other traditional country drinks. The drinks are lovely and not hard to make, the ingredients not hard to find and the recipes are both clearly laid out and easy to follow. The illustrations are charming and set off the recipes a treat.

Short thought it is this would be a great addition to any kitchen library and I urge you to purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Favourite Country Wines and Cordials (Paperback)
Item great, very pleased thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars small booklett, 5 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Favourite Country Wines and Cordials (Paperback)
Lots of good recipes in here some which I would have never even thought of, interesting to see what you can make into drink.

5.0 out of 5 stars country wines and cordials rating, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Favourite Country Wines and Cordials (Paperback)
I chose this book because a friend and I had been talking about all the different juices and drinks that could be made from hedgerows, we had already tried slo gin and wanted to see what else you could do. This book has been really helpful, and I am even planning my veggie patch to incorporate fruit bushes so we can try some more. x

2.0 out of 5 stars Winemaking, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Favourite Country Wines and Cordials (Paperback)
There is nothing in this very thin book that makes me want to have a go at any of the recipes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Favourite Country Wines and Cordials
Favourite Country Wines and Cordials by Carol Wilson (Paperback - 1 Jan 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01