Format: Hardcover|Change

on 23 June 2004
As an A-Level Law teacher for OCR, I have encouraged my students to use this book for several reasons. First, it is specific to the OCR examination board hence all the material is relevant. Further, it emphasises the analysis which is becoming an increasingly vital skill in the OCR AS papers and which students often found the most challenging.
on 25 November 2005
I bought this book because I am going to start a law degree next year, and decided this would give me a good grounding. I wasn't wrong, this book is brilliant, so well written, so clear, even the colours used make it a joy to read.
Having bought the book and found the ideas so interesting I have entered myself for the ocr exam next month. I have never had a law lesson in my life and on the basis of this book I am confident enough to be doing the exam.
Only on a few occasions have I sought clarification from the internet on set points, but otherwise this is a thorough informative, interesting book that appears to use relevant and interesting case studies. It is definitely a MUST for anyone doing AS level law with the ocr board.
on 23 June 2004
on 12 June 2004
I found this v. helpful for my exams in january, ended up getting full marks in mods 1 and 2! Highly recommended, best as law book around!
on 15 January 2004
I found this book incredible for my AS Law (OCR) exams which I just sat in january. It had the same level of detail as Jacqueline Martin's English Legal System, but only on those topics which were relevant. Easy to understand, but not too dumbed-down!
on 5 November 2003
Information contained in the book is good, and since it is specific to OCR, the material is all relevant. However, the material is not ordered as in the syllabus, ie. not placed in module sections as Jimmy O'Riordan's book. Nonetheless, the material is more detailed and better written than O'Riordan's. Also, there are no answers/hints to the questions, which may have been useful. I would recommend using this book alongside 'The English Legal System' (J Martin) and maybe Slapper and Kelly.