on 1 June 2012
I've had these cards for years now and have only grown more fond of them. Compared to other cards I use the Fortune Cards are always easy to read and create a "lighter" style of reading. The pictures are simple and you can quickly grasp the meanings behind them. Titania's guide that comes with the cards is descriptive and for some of the cards she gives you deeper meaning if they are located beside other cards. When I first started reading the cards I had wished that she had included more information regarding certain cards lying beside others but after time you start to see the meanings. The only thing that I would say can be challenging is the layout of her booklet, the cards are not in alphabetical order or numbered or anythings so even after years of using them I still find I flip through the book a lot trying to find the right card. Truthfully though, these cards are great and everyone I've read for have enjoyed them as well.
on 10 January 2011
I adore these cards. They are incredibly easy to read, and I tend to do a reading once a month or so for myself. I have done readings for others using these and they have also have been impressed.

The images on the cards are simple but beautiful and brightly coloured. The accompanying book has hints and tips on how to read them, suggested spreads and detailed explanations of the meaning of each card.

There's no complicated meanings to learn like with Tarot and the meaning is often clear from the picture on the cards.

These would make a wonderful gift for anyone interested in Tarot.
on 2 June 2012
Many years ago I decided to start doing card readings and I could not "gel" with traditional tarot. I got this pack of cards and I haven't looked back. These cards look fun and are brightly coloured but can be used for in depth readings. I've used these cards for 10 years now and part of my work is offering readings for others (including mediumship) and I am able to use these cards to give a detailed 45 minute reading to my clients. Simply learn the cards and suggested combinations (from the book) and then let your own intuition take over. With practice you can be giving readings to others.

Using these cards my readings often successfully predict events for the coming 3 to 6 months. They predicted my own illness (but they told me I'd be OK, which was correct), they show when important events are coming up such as a new job, house move, baby being born etc. and they help warn you if someone isn't being totally honest with you!

I'm considering buying another pack of these cards to replace ones which are now dog eared (after all these years!) if anyone would like to contact me simply email eft dawn at gmail dot com.
on 2 January 2002
I was surprised at how accurate the readings were and after practicing you can become quiet adept at how to read the cards. A good introduction to Tatania Hardie's work.
on 27 March 2006
I am a traditionalist about cards, and resist the inumerable card packs now available in every form, but these lovely cards were a gift from a wonderful friend, so I "played" with them at once. The images are vibrant, suggestive, and ultra modern. There is something witty about 'the woman' being Barbie, and the 'man' Ken. Hardy teaches the combinations of groups of cards in her text, and even on a dull day, they make me feel bouncy. Psychologically astute as well as predictive, they're a brilliant tonic even in Jauary - and astonishingly accurate.
on 31 May 2012
The cards are, well not polished in the sense that the finishing is a bit dodgy. Some of my cards also has, what it seems like water stains on it as well.

The cards are nicely colored and has a nice visual impact when I use it for the first time.

The book has come in very handy as the combinations are well explained in a short, concise manner.

I would highly recommend anyone to give this card a go.
on 15 November 2009
I bought these cards when I was 15 and have been using them ever since (I am nearly 23 now). I find that they are simple way of channeling psychic energy to tell your fortune. Friends often ask me "will you do your cards for me" when they have a question they want answered. As previous reviews state the cards and their meanings are simple and the combinations are easy to pick up. Readings quickly become intuitive and are spookily repetitive for sceptics. For example, I did a reading recently where a pregnancy (child, stork, flowers combo) kept appearing. The girl (whom I only met that evening) was worrying about getting pregnant. She kept reshuffling but they kept coming up again! I have also predicted relationship starts/breakdowns, job successes and warned people of deceptions. I could be here forever but I love this deck because they are simple and effective! Great starter before tarot to get your head around card fortune telling.

I give 4 out 5 stars because although I have had fantastic success they are not as detailed as tarot and the spreads are limited. I do find that a celtic cross type spread works quite well but other wise you are limited to 3, 7 or 9 card readings. Using the entire pack spread is a bit complicated and doesnt make much sense usually.

Some very odd reviews complain about "death cards" but there is no such thing in any card type apart from the death figure in tarot. A quick read-up on fortune telling using cards would tell you that a specific combination of cards is usually needed to mean physical death. Usually these cards indicate endings or changes so worrying about "death cards" is just ignorance. I have predicted family illnesses but also recoveries. I have only once predicted death and that was of an elderly grandmother of someone who was terminally ill. Death is part of life.
on 7 April 2003
I was always very weary of tarrot reading and the cards, but this book, changed my mind completly, really easy to use and very enjoyable, a little scary in a spooky way, but never the less the power they have and the things they predict, make you realise it's not just a flook or down to chance.
on 10 January 2001
I've only been using the Fortune Cards for 3 days and have done a reading every day, ok, so they do still have negative cards but as with all it depends on where they fall as to the prediction. I find them very easy to use and despite being a novice I've found the cards echoing what is happening in my life. I would recommend them instead of tarot as they are quick and easy to use and aren't as complicated. The book explains things nicely so its easy to form a prediction. I do recommend this to anyone who's interested in fortunes.
on 24 February 2002
Although not strictly speaking tarot cards, this deck is easy to use with simple colourful designs.
A brilliant first deck for the curious, however if you are following a wicca or pagan path and are looking for spiritual guidance I would give this one a miss.
Great for everyday 'modern' life readings, they only graze the spiritual.