5.0 out of 5 stars Colouful, clear and helpful
This is a beautiful book, full of colour photos and illustrations. Maria Thun sounds great - wish she was my grandmother. Everything she says is backed up by her own empirical research - masses of it! Anyone who trashes biodynamics should read this and feel ashamed. Her farm is like a scientific laboratory, and all her advice is backed up by solid research...
Published on 10 Mar 2008 by Jammie

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly written higgledy-piggledy
I am sure Maria Thun is full of wisdom, but sadly this does not come across in this publication.
Published 12 months ago by Ninerak

5.0 out of 5 stars Colouful, clear and helpful, 10 Mar 2008
This review is from: The Biodynamic Year: Increasing Yield, Quality and Flavour - 100 Helpful Tips for the Gardener or Smallholder (Hardcover)

Best of all, though, this is a great 'how to' book that takes you through the seasons. Practical and good on the coffee table too!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!!!, 17 April 2009
Ms. V. R. Park "lady of punk" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This book is amazing! I have just started growing my own this year and was interested in doing so biodynamically as I worked as a Dr Hauschka esthetician so knew a bit about it and what I did know made a lot of sense! At the end of last year I bought the calander but this book brought everything together for me and I really understand it a lot better. I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in gardening especially if they are into organic methods to take it a step further. As I am now disabled I feel by following the biodynamic philosophy growing my own fruit and veg is a lot easier for me as you can only do so much each day.Also I have ordered the preperations needed from the address given at the back of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biodynamics, 6 Nov 2011
Good book, if you want an introduction to biodynamics I would by Gardening for Life by the same author instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvellous introduction to Biodynamic planting., 3 Dec 2013
Trish. NIBLOCK (Edinburgh Scotland) - See all my reviews
My family have found this book to be inspirational and now all we need is some earth to grow our vegetables in!

There is so much to learn about how we along with the plants are affected by the energy of the cosmos around us - be it the sun or the moon or the time of the day - infact everything around us.

The proof is in the growing and the eating!

A lovely book to have ready to read when needed!

Trish Niblock

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly written higgledy-piggledy, 13 Oct 2013
I was hoping to find some well-structured instruction to take me through the biodynamic year, but this book jumped here and there and unfortunately did not do biodynamics no favour for lack of explanation. Returned to Amazon.Includes some good tips for storage and on general gardening, though.
I found the following much better, and would recommend it: Biodynamic Gardening: For Health and Taste

5.0 out of 5 stars The Biodynamic year, 11 Feb 2012
Very easy to understand full of interesting ideas, need to also buy the current year calender to fully apply their ideas to your planting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really well written, helpful book, 18 Jun 2010
Mrs. Jean Park "Book Worm" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Being new to growing my own vegetables, fruits and flowers, I found this book a boon to getting the best yields from all my planting. I would highly recommend this book to all growers, it's amazingly clear, well illustrated and concise, a delight to read! I should also add it doesn't just give planting advice and times for the south of England, but covers all areas.

2.0 out of 5 stars interesting but......., 16 Feb 2009
I have a little knowledge of biodynamic gardening and was looking for a book to increase that kowledge and perhaps give a few pointers as to how to integrate biodynamic growing into my current organic method. The book was interesting but was rather 'bitty' and didn't really take me any further than I am already in knowing and understanding biodynamic growing