‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Help Me Self Study For Exam, 26 April 2007
R. Pemberton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation (Paperback)
I have just passed the exam 1st go by self studying. This was one of the two books that I read to revise. I found the format of the book very good, each chapter starts off with a quick 3 question quiz to see what parts of the chapter you need to read. Then you get to the bulk of the information and finally a few test questions so you can see what parts you need to re-read.

Of the two books I used this was the most easy to read and put complex ideas in an easy to understand what they are trying to teach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and thorough, 23 Nov 2006
This review is from: Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation (Paperback)
It's always good to see a text book pitched at exactly the right level. This book is informative, easy to read and well structured. It really makes the user think about testing from many different view points and points out the logical reasons behind structured methodology without telling them how to suck eggs. A variety of real life examples are given throughout and exercises are provided at the end of each chapter. It's been extremely useful in the last two weeks and I haven't even finished it yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent intro and great substitute for the course, 16 Oct 2008
G. King "gk100" (York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation (Paperback)
I've been pretty involved in testing for years but it's never been a full-time job until recently. I was asked to take the ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software testing by my boss and this book is the one ISEB and the BCS recommend to go with the exam.

This was a very clearly laid-out book with each concept in bite-sized chunks. The authors clearly draw on their real-life experiences of software testing in the frequent worked examples. Overall, with the revision questions and exercises, it's a very practical book.

I used the revised edition, but there are still a few typos and a couple of munged graphics which could do with tidying up, but they don't detract much from what is otherwise a very polished and concise book.

I was able to take and pass this exam solely on the basis of studying this book, doing the exercises and revision questions and making notes.

If you're planning to do the same, I can thoroughly recommend this book. For the exam, I would also suggest that you concentrate on the "white box" techniques in Chapter 4 and do all the exercises in this chapter. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 3 May 2008
This review is from: Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation (Paperback)
I was initially given this book to self study for the ISEB exam and had read it before my employer changed her mind and sent me on the 3 day course.

I have to say that this book provides everything that you need to know for the exam. Make sure that you practice things such as Boundary Analysis, Equivalence Partitioning, Data Flows, Decision tables and State Transition if you only have the opportunity to self study. Make sure that you also cover testing tools. Once you have those testing methods fixed in your mind, you are half way there to a successful result. The course that I sat was good but this book covers everything that the course does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in style and content, 12 Oct 2007
This review is from: Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation (Paperback)
After recently starting a new job as a software tester, I had no formal experience of the theory and principles of testing and bought this book to help me pass the ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing exam. Unlike many text books, I found this book was easy to just sit down and read and the example questions at the end of each section/chapter were spot-on for helping me re-cap on what had been learnt in the previous pages.

My employer put me through an intesive 3-day course for the cerficate in which the knowledge I had already learnt was cemented in my head! After each day at home I used the book as a revision guide, topping up knowledge in those areas I wasn't too confident on. I passed the exam with a Distinction (88%) and would recommend this book to anyone thinking of, or currently working towards this qualification.

5.0 out of 5 stars The tool for successfully pass the exam, 21 May 2009
Andrea Penna (Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation (Paperback)
In five days of self-study I've passed my ISEB Testing Foundation using this book and some mocks found on the web.
I have to say that this book is very well written, easy to read and with a good set of examination questions.
Except mocks, you will not need anything else to pass your exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have for the ISEB Foundation in Software Testing Exam!, 8 Jun 2010
This review is from: Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation (Paperback)
I bought this book as it was the recommended text for the exam. It is well structured and the Self assessment questions and end of chapter questions really prepare you for the type of questions that are asked in the exam.

I passed the exam first time thanks to this book! it also gives you some information on the exam which is quite helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book..., 3 Sep 2009
Mr. L. Richards "Leon" (Manchester.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation (Paperback)
I passed the ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing exam today with 33 out of 40 or 83%. I read this book and practised with some past exam papers. Great book, informative and well layed out. I'm a Project Manager and not a tester so most of the terms and vernacular were alien to me. Looking at programming code was scary but these guys make it feel like some sort of pidgin english so you soon pick it up. If you want the ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate this book will cover all the required ground. May I take this opportunity to congratulate the authors for the quality of the book and further request they retain said quality for the Intermediate publication apparently due for release.

Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation, 23 Feb 2009
Mr. G. Dawson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation (Paperback)
A good reference book for existing testers & an excellent tuition book for new testers. Could substitute for a formal training course if you have the ability to self teach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Software testing an ISEB foundation, 23 Feb 2009
Evron Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation (Paperback)
This is an excellent introduction to the subject of software testing for anyone wishing to move into or improve technical knowledge in this area.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation
Software Testing: An ISEB Foundation by Angelina Samaroo (Paperback - 1 Oct 2008)
Used & New from: £13.03