5.0 out of 5 stars I Laughed Out Loud, 24 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Complete Book of Mince (Hardcover)
Browsing - daft really - you flick from back to front. I couldn't believe what I saw - and thumbed back a few pages. An ice cream made of mince and tatties ! The pictures in this book are hilarious. Mince at your wedding ?
After Dinner Mince ? It is too much ! Mr Rene La Sagne indeed ! And there is
a Tanker, that delivers the Mince.. I just finished reading the Etiquette tips. I have always thought stuff like this but never thought I would actually read it ! Is there a Booker for Humour ?

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect, quirky, funny gift, 7 Nov 2008
The Complete Book of Mince
Not only a working cookbook, with many recipes for the staple in my diet - mince (the lasagne is very good), this book is written by a spoof-celebrity chef, and his tips on dining out are very funny and apt. He pokes fun at the fuss people make over dining out, and if this was a real restaurant, I'd book a table. He includes things like - 'fighting couples can each book a table for one', and laughs at sommeliers, and the snobbery over wine. Although I bought this as a gift on an impulse buy, I've actually read it and kept it myself. And bought another for the present. It's a great, fun, book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its Paisley- Its mince., 3 Jun 2009
Jinty G "Janet" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Mince (Hardcover)
Loved it. Recipes are fab & the additional comments on Kelly Marie's family are hilarious-I think I might know them. Not a book for the serious chef- you should already know how to cook La Sagne- but ideal for that relative who thinks he can cook & doesn't have a clue, or the niece with the whacky sense of humour who is just finding her way around a kitchen. Very well written.Pictures were fantastic.Please do not try & book a table at the restaurant(though I'm sure my brother-in-law will attempt it).As a Paisley resident but not a Buddy, I can assure you it does not exist.If it did it would probably be booked solid every night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please tell me it's a typo, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Complete Book of Mince (Hardcover)
Meatloaf recipe page 99,.....750g breadcrumbs to 675g minced beef shurley shome mishtake!!! I followed this recipe and what a disaster....someone please advise...johnty80@hotmail.com.....I'm starving...lol
JohnT

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and entertaining., 29 April 2013
This review is from: The Complete Book of Mince (Hardcover)
Whilst providing some interesting culinary information, it also proves to be entertaining in it's presentation; trying to take some of the chore out of cooking. Well worth keeping as a back-up for a time when looking for few of the unusual ideas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, 4 Dec 2012
Amazon Customer (Ayrshire Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Mince (Hardcover)
Thouroughly enjoyable read. I just did not realise the different dishes that could be produced with mince. The book was well laid out with good pictures and written in a very amusing way. I still don't know if Rene really has a restaurant in Paisley or not but if he has I will make a determined effort to visit it. If you like your mince I recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars May finally inspire hubby to culinary heights, 29 Jan 2012
Jette Goldie (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Mince (Hardcover)
the mix of simple recipes, inspiring food shots and amusing anecdotes has him actually reading a cook book instead of insisting on a 'pre-prepared, slam it in the oven' Asda meals. I might be coming home to greek meatballs or spanish meatball soup soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Book of Mince, 24 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Complete Book of Mince (Hardcover)
This is not a cook book that is going to sit on a shelf only to be pulled out, flicked through, and put back. The recipes are easy to follow and useful for everyday cooking.
Rene takes a gentle pot shot at pretentious restaurants in a way that will make you laugh out loud.
I can see this book being used over and over again, and can't wait for his next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars mince., 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Complete Book of Mince (Hardcover)
Brilliant! in every way, but particularly the mince meat snowman way. An author who doesn't mince their words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Recipe Book Ever!!!, 27 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Complete Book of Mince (Hardcover)
What a load of mince! Should be on the kitchen shelf of all Scots. A hilarious mix of humour and cooking.

The Complete Book of Mince
The Complete Book of Mince by Rene La Sagne (Hardcover - 25 Sep 2008)
6.56