5.0 out of 5 stars Most highly commendable!
What an exhilarating breath of fresh air!! An astrology book which is based upon thorough and extensive research, presents facts and anecdotal evidence in logical and structured format, and all that in an efficient and concise manner. I commend it without reservation.

Published on 10 July 2009 by Hedley P. Spargo

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy going
Published on 13 Jun 2011 by Oldspook

5.0 out of 5 stars Most highly commendable!, 10 July 2009
Hedley P. Spargo "hedleypaul" (Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Forecasting Using Solar Returns (Paperback)

The author has for his readers done all the research legwork which is so time consuming and (often)tedious, drawing on both ancient and modern publications with clear caveats where appropriate. In doing so he has opened to the many what few would have ever enjoyed.

Anthony Louis has established a beacon of clarity, which will hopefully lead astrological publications out of the unsubstantiated and wooly-minded ramblings churned out by so many modern writers. Many older publications too were heavy going, using clipped explanations, jargon and much assumed prior knowlege; in some cases focussing more on trigonometry than interpretation.

The author has also published volumes on Horary, which I am currently enjoying, and volumes on Tarot, which I look forward to.

I only wish that he would produce books on all the aspects (pun not intended!) of astrology.

My most sincere thanks to him.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best book on interpreting Solar Returns, 23 Dec 2009
Peter Smith "astropete" (Dartmouth UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Forecasting Using Solar Returns (Paperback)
This is an extremely thorough review of the various forms of interpreting Solar Returns ranging from historical methods--quoting Ptolemy and Morinus--i.e traditional astrology, to modern humanistic psychological astrology. It is a very scholarly work, very densely written and "technical" so not easy for a beginning or even an intermediate astrologer. However, if the astrology-literate reader is prepared to give the text close attention it will amply repay the effort. There are lots of helpful examples to ponder so this is a very practical book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy going, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Art of Forecasting Using Solar Returns (Paperback)
I have been an astrologer for 12 years and found this book very heavy going. It would have been useful to know before purchasing this that Louis focusses on the work of Morin and Volguine,not the most popular kids on the astology block,and had I known that I wouldn't have touched it. I feel I have been misled by the promotional blurb. I am not sure how many of us with busy pratices have time to faff around with precessed and non precessed Solar Returns. I cannot recommend this to fellow professionals and would advise amateurs to steer clear.
Oldspook. The Art of Forecasting Using Solar Returns

5.0 out of 5 stars the art of forecasting using solar returns, 9 Feb 2009
L. Doucette - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Forecasting Using Solar Returns (Paperback)
I have a few books on solar returns . This is my favourite book on solar returns. he gives examples of what to expect when certain transits hit the angles of the chart as well as progressing the chart. a must have book

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent, 2 May 2013
This review is from: The Art of Forecasting Using Solar Returns (Paperback)
This is a well researched, well set out book on Solar Returns.The notes at the end of each chapter are important and every aspect of Solar Returns are thoroughly explored.Has given me a new insight into Natal Chart interpretation too.A must have

4.0 out of 5 stars forcasting with solar lunar returns, 10 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Art of Forecasting Using Solar Returns (Paperback)
This book has fantaic potential both for those wanting to learn more about technicalites of astrology and well worth a perchase.

The Art of Forecasting Using Solar Returns
The Art of Forecasting Using Solar Returns by Anthony Louis (Paperback - 6 Mar 2008)
17.13