5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful book, bound to please, 21 Jan. 2003
Clare Beaton's artwork is deceptively simple, but absolutely delightful. Each page features a cat who is hiding among a number of other animals (two crabs, three ladybirds, four whales ...), and there are a lot of subtle touches to amuse the parents who will undoubtedly have to read the book to their child over and over again. For example, when the cat is hiding among the 'seven snakes', all that you see of it is its tail (looking like a snake itself ...); similarly, the cat's silhouette on the 'eleven owls' page looks just like an owl. My one-year-old loves this book, learned very quickly to point to the cat on each page, and demands repeatedly to have it read with her: I would recommend it unreservedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Both a counting book (up to twenty) and a puzzle book., 6 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
This book not only covers the numbers up to twenty, but also has a puzzle on almost every page. Each number has a different animal. So there is one moose for the number one. The puzzle is trying to find the cat on each page. Both my children (4 and 2) loved finding this. The other great feature of this book is that it has the numbers up to twenty. Unfortuantely a lot of other number books ignore the difficult numbers between ten and twenty.

5.0 out of 5 stars finally!, 21 Aug. 2010
I was so relieved to finally find a counting book that goes up to 20! I felt like I had been looking for ages, my son of 2+ had mastered his 1-10 and was able to identify the figures and I wanted to take things up a notch. I was so pleased to have found something so fun to read, bright to look at and lovely to enjoy together or just for him to enjoy by himself. It is hardback so no doubt hard wearing, it's a good size and it's repettitive phrase of 'where's the cat' will be enjoyable for any child to repeat and join in with. The illustrations are really creative, unlike anything I have ever seen before and the imagination that has gone into compiling this book is obvious. This is an excellent find!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another star buy, 17 Oct. 2012
We have how loud is a lion, how big is a pig and there's a cow in the cabbage patch. This one is as good as the rest. My 15 month old is just getting used to pointing to the hidden cat, sometimes it can be difficult to see.

This book along with the others all mak our top ten list. I am sure it will go on in popularity due to the fact it's also a counting book. Artwork is truly beautiful. Must have on any decent bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book to teach to count to 20, 2 Jun. 2015
I couldn't believe how hard it was to find a book that taught numbers up to 20 and clearly for that matter. This was very loved and carried everywhere and she liked to look for the cat on the pages. Its lasted longer than I thought because once she was confident with her numbers we used the book to learn sounds for the animals and to count by using her fingers on the page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 5 Oct. 2013
Good solid hardwood book, the pictures are bright and detailed in a chuncky toddler way. Finding the cat is a laugh, counting all the objects is a fun way to spend half an hour chatting about all the things on pages- colours, sizes, animals, what they do, noises they make. And of course, we're counting to twenty together!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 19 Oct. 2013
So nice to be able to get a counting book that goes above 10. My little girl loves the hidden cat on each page. The only reason it isn't 5 stars is due to the product description stating felt animals when in reality they are only flat 2D pictures of felt animals

5.0 out of 5 stars magical, 14 Dec. 2009
Bhavini Shah "part time book worm" (London, England) - See all my reviews
a wonderful way to learn numbers. the illustrations are among the most beautiful of any children's book that i have seen. a really fun book to read with your child (I used it from the age of two with my child).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book!, 22 Mar. 2014
Again, my little girl loves this book. she loves counting the animals and looking for the cat. Great book for toddlers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Jan. 2013
P. Sarosh "P Sarosh" (UK) - See all my reviews
My absolutely favourite children's book and every baby I know now has one thanks to Amazon. I has some amazing pictures and can be used with the youngest of babies up.

One Moose, Twenty Mice
One Moose, Twenty Mice by Clare Beaton (Paperback - 6 Aug. 1999)