Format: Hardcover|Change

on 20 September 2010
Here's how I play chess: I know how all the pieces move, and I move them accordingly when it's my turn, and I try to take my opponent's pieces. Hardly sophisticated, and in fact I don't enjoy the game for anything other than the opportunity it presents for socialising.

I hoped that this book would teach some basic strategy, but I found that the tactics it recommended each involved so specific an arrangement of pieces, that it simply was not worth memorising them all on the off-chance that they'd come up.

Perhaps a better title would have been: "How to beat your dad at chess (if you've been playing for five years or more)"
on 13 May 2016
very informative book
on 23 April 2015
10 year old loves it.
on 22 July 2010
Even though I am playing chess for while, never learned chess in a formal way. I felt this is a amazing book. I will recommend to Dads in particular ;-)
on 11 April 2016
Great
on 25 November 2014
got this for grandson who is learning to play chess and who hopes to beat his dad. we shall see.
on 1 July 2015
Excellent product, price & Delivery.
on 29 October 2014
It was bought for a present.
on 31 August 2015
too complex for young child
on 6 August 2014