on 2 June 2006
Much like all of Sawday's fantastic guide's, this latest guide to the Pubs and Inns of Britain is quite superb. Having just returned from 4 days in Cornwall, my husband and I visited 9 Sawday pubs! They were all exceptional -We became quite excited at the thought of what we'd find at each new spot, tiny smugglers fishing coves with sumptous beer and crab, stunning cliff-top views with crashing seas, Doom Beer and spinach, rosemary & bacon soup or even peaceful river views with a barbecue. Quite unique- we wouldn't go away without it now. It is so incredibly refreshing to find a guide to not only the great British pub but especially the ones with our wonderful Britsh produce. Do not hesitate to buy this.
on 11 June 2004
An avid user of Special Places to Stay (especially the Spain and British B&B guides), I was intrigued by their new pubs guide. It's everything that you'd expect from the other guides; interesting to browse through, easy to use and to find the right place (symbols, maps etc) and there seems to be a real emphasis on food which is what many of us look for in a good pub. Lots of child-friendly symbols which helps a lot with a young family. Have only tried one so far but it was spot on!
on 1 June 2006
We have used Sawdays guides for years and have found them totally reliable. The new Pub guide is excellant - you get what it says on the tin; a reliable guide to "real pubs" where the beer is good (I have only checked 19 so far since buying it in May!) and the food is as described. I guess all I am really saying is that my taste is their taste. I live in the South West which is well covered but it looks less comprehensive elsewhere.
on 1 June 2006
At last Sawdays have issued a guide to the best Pubs and Inns in England and Wales. Shame about missing the one's in Scotland, hopefully to be included in the future though.

Following on from the great range of title's in their range, Sawday's have come up with a gem. Great selection and all up to the usual standard we have come to expect from them.

Beautifully presented and very informative, this is already a valued travelling companion and I for one will use it a lot. Well done Sawday's
on 1 June 2006
I own quite a few of the AS Guides and this one does not fail to live up to the high standard of the others. Honest and inspirational reviews of great sounding pubs and inns, this book gives you some great ideas for places to try. The selection is extensive and as always the way the book is written a total joy - just need to get some time to actually go and explore!