5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute essential, 2 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Pubs and Inns of England and Wales (Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay) (Paperback)
Much like all of Sawday's fantastic guide's, this latest guide to the Pubs and Inns of Britain is quite superb. Having just returned from 4 days in Cornwall, my husband and I visited 9 Sawday pubs! They were all exceptional -We became quite excited at the thought of what we'd find at each new spot, tiny smugglers fishing coves with sumptous beer and crab, stunning cliff-top views with crashing seas, Doom Beer and spinach, rosemary & bacon soup or even peaceful river views with a barbecue. Quite unique- we wouldn't go away without it now. It is so incredibly refreshing to find a guide to not only the great British pub but especially the ones with our wonderful Britsh produce. Do not hesitate to buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sawdays does it again!, 1 Jun. 2006
R. Robinson "traveller" (S W England) - See all my reviews
We have used Sawdays guides for years and have found them totally reliable. The new Pub guide is excellant - you get what it says on the tin; a reliable guide to "real pubs" where the beer is good (I have only checked 19 so far since buying it in May!) and the food is as described. I guess all I am really saying is that my taste is their taste. I live in the South West which is well covered but it looks less comprehensive elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars The better pub guide, 1 Jun. 2006
At last Sawdays have issued a guide to the best Pubs and Inns in England and Wales. Shame about missing the one's in Scotland, hopefully to be included in the future though.

Following on from the great range of title's in their range, Sawday's have come up with a gem. Great selection and all up to the usual standard we have come to expect from them.

Beautifully presented and very informative, this is already a valued travelling companion and I for one will use it a lot. Well done Sawday's

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always, 1 Jun. 2006
Mrs. Louise Howdle (London) - See all my reviews
I own quite a few of the AS Guides and this one does not fail to live up to the high standard of the others. Honest and inspirational reviews of great sounding pubs and inns, this book gives you some great ideas for places to try. The selection is extensive and as always the way the book is written a total joy - just need to get some time to actually go and explore!

Pubs and Inns of England and Wales (Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay)
Usually dispatched within 7 to 11 days