4.0 out of 5 stars Well balanced Meditation
Published on 9 May 2009 by Tobin

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed,robbed, mugged,and cheated!
Published 10 months ago by TRUE-SAY

4.0 out of 5 stars Well balanced Meditation, 9 May 2009
This review is from: A Chakra Meditation (Audio CD)
I have a post-traumatic stress-syndrome, and as a result, am suffering from depression and some mild phobias. Those disorders have been treated in a therapy, but my therapist advised me, that I should practise "soul hygiene" regularly, for example in the form of meditations. So I have quiet a bit practise in meditation on my own, however, due to certain stressfactors in my life, I was recently not able to "get into the mood".

That was when I decided to buy this CD. I had some misgivings about CDs like this before and only reluctantly bought it. But I have to say, I am converted.

I have been listening to this CD for only six weeks now. It has a very comprehensive approach, covering everything from a feeling of security, to creativity, loving relationships and the ability to express your feelings, etc.
This is done using the ancient Asian philosophy of the Chakras, energy centers that are distributed throughout your torso and head. Each has a specific meaning and you are asked to connect to those meanings: Rooting to earth, enjoying a creative sexuality, loving relationships, and connect to your sense of intuition, etc. After each connection, you will be listening to affirmations in tune with the theme of the chakra.

I was very positively surprised how, despite the esoteric sounding title, this is firmly based in the latest psychological findings.
For example, the affirmations seem to wander from one side of your head to the other if you listen, as recommended, with headphones. This is supposed to activate both sides of your brain and is a technique that is also used in psychotherapy.
I was also surprised to observe the effects of this CD. I tend, when I am insecure about something, to push my voice down and make it deeper than it actually is. This has become so much a habit, that I am constantly being told how deep my voice is for a woman. Just two days after I started this meditation, some of my colleagues observed how my voice suddenly sounded a lot higher!
I also observed about myself that in situations that would have made me tense only a couple of weeks before, I am now decidedly more relaxed and find it easier to deal with.

The Music, too, is very well done. Not at all annoying, as I anticipated, but each chakra is only accompanied by an arrangement around one note.

So, if this is such a great buy, why do I only give it four instead of five points? Well, I found one or two things at a fault with it. One of them being, that you are asked to repeat the affirmations out loud together with the speaker. However, when meditating, you will be in a relaxed breathing rythem, and repeating at the same time will in most cases interrupt that breathing rythem. In addition to that, he repeats each affirmation several times, in a very quick succession. This is impossible to do when in deep breathing. I tried, it brought me totally out of the relaxed state I was in.
I think the listener would be better advised to only repeat the affirmations internally.

Another point is, that the speaker's accent is, indeed, initially distracting. I got used to it by now and don't mind it anymore. But it took a few listen-tos to get used to it.
What I find more problematic, is that you have to listen to the whole stuff about how to use this CD before every meditation. Granted, this only lasts for 15 seconds, but I AM an impatiant woman.

All in all I can recommend this meditation for everyone who wants to lower their stresslevel and balance their emotional life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A more gentle CD in a very good series, 7 Nov 2007
puddleshark (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Chakra Meditation (Audio CD)
Unlike one of the previous reviewers, I like Glenn Harrold's voice a lot, and boy, I am fussy! I have looked for hypnosis/relaxation CDs I like - no, I can tolerate - for a while, and so far, all factors considered, I think Glenn is the best.

The recording quality and use of music on his CDs are spot on - very unobtrusive, relaxing, not distracting. His voice has a pleasant, deep timbre, but if you have issues with Cockney accents, you will have to look elsewhere.

I can see what the other reviewer meant by incongruence, as Glenn sounds like a honey-voiced Eastenders character, not a Yogi or lentilpopper, he sounds very down-to-earth, matter-of-fact and unpretentious. This is not an issue for me as his voice and accent are relaxing and familiar to me, preferable to, say, a more unfamiliar American accent.

Some of Glenn's CDs have quite ambitious, extreme-sounding and at times grammatically odd affirmations, which is a minor niggle I have with them. I found this to be less the case with this more low-key, gentle recording - hence it's one of my favourites (I have three of his CDs so far). If you just want to have a nice time relaxing, listening to a smooth, reassuring voice, rather than stop smoking or become a superhuman being, this is the CD to go for.

5.0 out of 5 stars meditation cd, 17 Jan 2011
This review is from: A Chakra Meditation (Audio CD)
have bought lots of glenn harrold cd's in the last couple of years since i discovered him, dont know why people keep commenting on his voice, personally i find it really relaxing,anyway this cd is fantastic takes you through the seven main chakras in your body and has you imagining all the negative energy flowing out you,and all the positive energy flowing in, i must say it really worked for me, i felt totally energised and relaxed,have also got think positively and i must say my friends and colleagues have noticed a difference in me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Gem In A Highly Distinguished Series, 13 Feb 2004
R. Dickerson (WGC, Herts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Chakra Meditation (Audio CD)
This Chakra Meditation CD is the latest release in a long line of superb therapeutical recordings by clinically trained hypno-expert, Glenn Harrold.
I am not entirely au fait with the origins of Chakra but it appears to be a metaphysical gift of the Orient. From what I can glean from this CD's content, Chakras are energy centres found on various parts of the body. Each one has a different colour associated with it and resonates to the sound of a certain musical note. Starting with the base Chakra, you progress up the body stopping at various points along the way to imagine the associated colour and to listen to the relevant note. The whole effect is supposed to be extremely relaxing and, yes, it does deliver the goods!
Personally I am not sure how successful this latest release will be as a seller. Most of the harmonious experiences on this CD can be gained from using other titles in this wonderful series.
Glenn Harrold, perhaps in fear of repeating himself, has branched out with this recording. It is certainly something very refreshing and full marks must be given for attempting to educate the uninitiated (myself, in this particular case).
If you are new to this self-help series, I would urge you to try - Unleash Your True Potential. As for the Harrold hardcore of which I am one, go out and grab a copy. It is certainly an interesting take on the familiar self-healing topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has really worked for me, 27 May 2011
This review is from: A Chakra Meditation (Audio CD)
I have had this CD for a number of years now, given to me by my brother when I went through a traumatic time in my life.

Not only did this help me overcome the issues I had with myself but also with my outlook on life in general. The CD created a positive belief that things will get better. And they did. I listened to this CD religiously every day for weeks/months and overcome a lot of negative thoughts, depression etc. I started to love myself again. It motivated me to loose a substantial amount of weight and build new happy relationships with everyone around me. I looked at things more positively and my whole outlook changed.

I definitely recommend this as a self help healing CD, I knew absolutely nothing about Chakra cleansing back at time but thanks to Glen Harold I am hooked. I still have it and every now and then listen to it to bring back to a positive state of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing and empowering, 15 Mar 2011
This review is from: A Chakra Meditation (Audio CD)
This has to be the best guided meditation cd available on the subject of chakras. Glenn Harrold is an excellent hypnotherapist: his voice is soothing and relaxing and the information on the chakras is very thorough and accesible, even for newbies on the subject.
There are two guided meditations: one long (about 45 minutes) and a shorter version of 25 minutes for those days when you're short on time. Harrold provides information on the colour of each chakra, the part of the body influenced by it, the musical note and affirmations which help balance that particular chakra.
Especially the longer meditation is so clear you can easily visualize it in your head. Personally, I find that the addition of crystals makes the session more effective.
The affirmations are very empowering, an instant self-esteem booster. You're supposed to repeat them out loud, but I prefer to go over them silently in order not to break the relaxing atmosphere created by the meditation.
I also like the work of percussionist Layne Redmont. She has several cds and a very instructive tiny book with cd called "Chakra meditation" (also available through Amazon), but for short, effective meditations, Glenn Harrold's cd is my favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for anyone on a spiritual path, 10 April 2010
Medusa (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Chakra Meditation (Audio CD)
I bought 2 CD's of Glenns and before I did I noticed some of the reviews commented on his voice. Well I say take no notice of this his voice is very captivating and calming. As someone who has been buying meditation tapes/CD's for anumber of years, Glenn is definitely one of the very best. Buy it you wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic CD!, 21 Sep 2009
This review is from: A Chakra Meditation (Audio CD)
I loved this CD and was really impressed with it.
The voice is soft and easy to listen too and very relaxing.
This Cd helps you feel a sense of balance and peace if used reguarly.
I was not particuarly into chakras but I am now!

An added bonus is that there are two tracks, one long one and one short, thus if not much time then its great to be able to do a shorter version.
A great CD go ahead and buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chakra Meditation cd, 4 Aug 2009
SL Meyer - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Chakra Meditation (Audio CD)
This is a very good chakra meditation combining the chakra with its colour and note. It is so nice to have an English voice on this meditation and Glenn Harrold's soft London accent is soothing. I have found this a very benefical meditation and would highly recommend this cd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed,robbed, mugged,and cheated!, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: A Chakra Meditation (Audio CD)
I don't have a problem with Glenns voice as other people have.And I don't have a problem with most of his cd's as I own 24 of them.I really enjoy every single one of them but not this perticular cd.It's not rubbish it's just that I have one of his cd's titled Heal Your Body that already has a track called Energise Your Chakras.I noticed that the script he uses in the Heal Your Body cd is the same script he has used in the A Chakra Meditation cd.All he has done is used a different name in selling the same product twice that's why I feel cheated.If you want to buy this cd go for it.But if you buy the Heal Your Body cd you will get this track plus another track for healing your body.Like I said I love Glenns cd's but he needs to change his style.Every new cd he makes seems to be very similar to his older cd's as if he is running out of ideas.Whether writing a cd or writing a book when writers becomes aware that they are running out of ideas all they then think of is ripping off the loyal customers who made them.

ARRAY(0x9de93408)

A Chakra Meditation
A Chakra Meditation by Glenn Harrold (Audio CD - 1 Nov 2003)
10.06